My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As most of you know, I have a restored 1954 RPM/Lawnboy model 1RB30LB. It has a 2 HP Briggs (the good Briggs). It has a rear discharge, wooden roller, and the original Good Year wheels. This thing is in beautiful shape, and is all there and even the deck has no damage. There is just a few scratches on the gas tank and maby on the shroud. It runs good too.

So, what would it be worth? Not that I am planning on selling it or anything.....

Thanks,

-Colin

Attachments

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
Wow. The tires actually say Goodyear on them? Can you post pictures of that? That's awesome.

I've been on the lookout for some Michelin lawn mower tires, but to no avail...

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Hard to tell what the price would be. Someone on here sold a mower similar to this( i think the members name was ENG something, he has a quiteflite)

Glad you finally got it running, what was wrong with it?

·
JD318
990 Posts
Love that side/rear discharge.
Priceless....

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard to tell what the price would be. Someone on here sold a mower similar to this( i think the members name was ENG something, he has a quiteflite)

Glad you finally got it running, what was wrong with it?
It's been running since last fall; remember the previous owner didn't tighten the head bolts when he reassembled it. That explined why it had no compression.:fing20: Now it has great compression. I just have to replace the fuel valve, and it should be ready to mow.... Would I be crazy to mow with it? Not sure, what do you think?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might sell it if I get a good offer. I am looking into buying another Lawnboy here soon, one that would be more of value and interest to me. I'm looking at a couple- just don't know which one I might try to get yet.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
It's been running since last fall; remember the previous owner didn't tighten the head bolts when he reassembled it. That explined why it had no compression.:fing20: Now it has great compression. I just have to replace the fuel valve, and it should be ready to mow.... Would I be crazy to mow with it? Not sure, what do you think?
id mow with it! as long as you keep it clean you wont have a problem,and letting them sit is what ruins them-just like a car.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
id mow with it! as long as you keep it clean you wont have a problem,and letting them sit is what ruins them-just like a car.
Just mowed with it and I am amazed by the power it has. Still have to work on the fuel shutoff valve. It runs strong on high throttle and chugs nicely when at the lowest speed setting. I will keep it clean after I mow with it.

I will keep it for now, but maby if the right offer came up, I'd consider selling it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, that was me. I sold my 1RB30 exactly like yours for $250 about 6 weeks ago. Posted a video too of it running and mowing on Youtube. I really liked it but decided to focus on the 2 strokes. Good luck.
Gary

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, that was me. I sold my 1RB30 exactly like yours for $250 about 6 weeks ago. Posted a video too of it running and mowing on Youtube. I really liked it but decided to focus on the 2 strokes. Good luck.
Gary
Thanks for the reply! They are unique mowers, but there are some 2 strokes that I would like more.

By the way, your Quietflite is awesome!:fing32:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
There can't be many of these around. Nothing wrong with $250, but once its gone it's gone and for me, the cash is gone before I know it.

I wouldn't worry about mowing with it. Thet's what it was made for. It was restored once, it can be restored again.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There can't be many of these around. Nothing wrong with $250, but once its gone it's gone and for me, the cash is gone before I know it.

I wouldn't worry about mowing with it. Thet's what it was made for. It was restored once, it can be restored again.
If I sold it, I would want more than $250. But, yes, that money would go towards another mower and this one would be long gone.:fing20:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
That is a awesome mower there T-wolf. I would mow with it but be very careful about debris in the yard. Good luck.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
I wouldnt mow with it. You should start it regularly to keep its juices flowing but preserve it for years to come. Those tires wont ever be avaliable again.Hit something or put a rock through the deck its toast.

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
Kind of hard to put a price on something like that. $250 sounds alright I guess but something like that I would be tempted to hang on to. Once it's gone you probably wont ever find another one.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll mow with it from time to time, and just as ODF says, be careful of debris. I can see why this mower would be one to hold onto. I might have only seen 1 or 2 others, besides mine.

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics of the tires. How cool!! I love it.

Like you, I use my nearly new 8157 rather sparingly. I never mow the back yard with it; I try to get all the doggy doo picked up, but there's always some that I miss. And once I see it, it's usually too late...after I've rolled over it with the mower or tires. :fing20:

Nice machine, thanks again for sharing the pictures.

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,064 Posts
Nice mower and I am glad that you are running it from time to time. I'd would mow with it to, but only on nice days being careful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts