My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have seen a few of those. To be honest, that one looks really, really dumb. I saw another that was pretty neat. It had the driver in front and the bed to the back. This one definitely would have taken less work than the other one I saw.

Jason

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
That just does'nt do anything for me at all either, why would you want something like that :fing20:.

·
Tractor Junkie
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know , can you believe anyone would paint Bolens wheels orange

:sidelaugh

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You know... That could be one of the real high end eliminator tractors... I think I'll have to call him tommorow, just to make sure I am not missing out on a 1900 or 2000.

Jason

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
I've seen several different variations on on this same idea of a powered dump cart.
It could be a handy unit to have around if you do a lot of yard work or gardening.
It would be a lot easier to position than trying to back a small garden trailer into place with a garden tractor and you can get in and out of a lot smaller space.

I've been collecting parts to build one similar for use around the house but mine will be a 3-wheel instead of a 4-wheel so it can turn sharper.
It will also be built as a powered dump cart and not just a modified garden tractor.
I have a hydro rear axle off a JD 140 that I'm planing on using for the drive axle.

They have made industrial "Power Wheelbarrows" and dump carts for a long time that use the same design of the cart in front and the driver behind.
Most of them are 3-wheel design.
Besides being able to work in a smaller space, it also puts the weight of the load right over the drive wheels for better traction.

·
Registered
299 Posts
waste of a good bolens

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Just got off the phone with him. It is a 2000 Eliminator (the model that is an absolute beast...) I have a spare set of fenders and hood too. It would be fairly simple to put it back together. (watch as I talk myself into buying ANOTHER Bolens)

Jason

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
Just got off the phone with him. It is a 2000 Eliminator (the model that is an absolute beast...) I have a spare set of fenders and hood too. It would be fairly simple to put it back together. (watch as I talk myself into buying ANOTHER Bolens)

Jason
save it!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
175 miles is a whole lot of a drive, especially since I would have to pay my friend to do it. But still, I will ask him about it, just in case.

Jason

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I sold one of those plows over the weekend. I am going to pass on the tractor as he is so far away. It is definitely worth it if someone is closer than I am.

Jason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts