My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna change a standard 10 hp kohler engine to Starter/generator set-up. Need a flywheel shrould without starter bump-out and a dipstick mount and stick that goes straight up not out at angle. Needs to mount with bolts on side of block, just go straight up.
Is there such a thing as an adapter to make a flatpan into a pan like used on Case and others that sets lower? I'm thinking two gaskets and a thin metal adapter?? Such a thing? Block has holes that line up, just need to tap, but has wings sticking out past the smaller pan on narrower sides of block.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wanna change a standard 10 hp kohler engine to Starter/generator set-up. Need a flywheel shrould without starter bump-out and a dipstick mount and stick that goes straight up not out at angle. Needs to mount with bolts on side of block, just go straight up.
Is there such a thing as an adapter to make a flatpan into a pan like used on Case and others that sets lower? I'm thinking two gaskets and a thin metal adapter?? Such a thing? Block has holes that line up, just need to tap, but has wings sticking out past the smaller pan on narrower sides of block.
I have seen new style blocks with old-style parts on them, including the pan on one with "feet".

Not sure about the oil dipstick though.

- Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts