My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,318 Posts
According to the list at the top of the forum in the sticky, it was built is April of 1971.

A plastic fuel tank? I'd say that the original metal tank was replaced at some point in it's life. I've never seen a plastic tank of a TB Horse.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the sticky but I didnt see the number, guess I just missed it. I cant beleive its that old though, I thought it was late70's or early 80's. Since the plastic tank is all faded I think I'm going to get a metal one.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,318 Posts
The number in the list represents the start of the group of numbers that were produced in that month.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
I've got a 76 horse I and it dosn't look like that one, I have a metal tank mounted on top of the motor and don't have the metal plate across handlebars. Maybe yours is a pony. Do you know the hp on the motor? The ponys I think came with 5Hp, the Horse models were 6Hp and bigger, but I'm not totally sure about the older models, I've been wrong before too :).

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think that is a pony. the horse and econo horse had sides on the tine shroud. The pony did not. If it is a pony, then the serial number thread says it was probably made late 77. though when I look at pictures of older tillers they don't seem to have that gas tank. And they had BS engines on the ponies i saw. My 1990 has a plastic tank like that so they probably started using those tanks before 1990.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ralphst16, What you have is an "Econo Horse". The motor that is on it is the original one. It is a 6Hp Tecumseh and the tank is original. The serial number for the tiller is found on top of the transmission between the handlebars. The Engine numbers are on the top of the motor on the sheet metal. The first thing you should see is H60 which stands for Horizontal Shaft 6HP. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention. The plate at the top of the handlebars has two slots as you can see. The left slot is supposed to have a handle that switches between Free Wheel and Drive. The slot on the right hand side is the throttle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.