My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
In the past few days I've come across a few ads like that. Personally, I think some of these people need a kick in the balls.

Oh yea, 500 series hood on the L8, some sort of weird 40" deck, spraybombed machine + attachments, shall I keep going ?

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
In the past few days I've come across a few ads like that. Personally, I think some of these people need a kick in the balls.

Oh yea, 500 series hood on the L8, some sort of weird 40" deck, spraybombed machine + attachments, shall I keep going ?
Nothing weird about the deck. Standard old 40", pre-Comm 40. Sometimes called the Homeowner 40".

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
$4200???? Really????? I would say $500 to $700, tops. That might be lowballing a little, but that is all that I would go.

With such a separation between asking and what I'd be willing to offer, I wouldn't offer. It would just insult the guy and maybe even start a war of the words.

·
Banned
647 Posts
rockford.craigslist.org said:
Ready to mow or show
I had been thinking that it was in remarkably good condition for a 45- or 50-year-old tractor, but I guess that means that it was re-painted.

BTW, the tires on that jerry-rigged sulky are pretty dadgum massive.

I wonder what it rides like?

In fact, if it rides well, then the sulky might be the most valuable piece in the entire collection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts