My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this Cub Cadet with only 9hrs on it, but it has sat outside for a few years. The main issues with it are that it needs a new fuel line from the tank to the engine, and the steering will need taken apart to clean and grease so that it moves freely. It has a 46" deck (electric PTO), hydro and a 19hp Kawasaki twin cylinder engine. I believe that it is a 2002 or a 2003. Any idea what it is worth?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If it is reliable I would sell it for around $350 -$400 just my 2 cents
Doug

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Not much if you show it like it sits.Better clean it up and put it in the building it sets beside.
Right on. If you can't at least turn the wheels and/or run it, it's pretty much worthless. Get'er lubed up and operable and it would be worth $500 easily. The Kawi engine is awesome. Love the previous gen. metal hood. Hard to believe someone let it just set outside.

Joel

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Right on. If you can't at least turn the wheels and/or run it, it's pretty much worthless. Get'er lubed up and operable and it would be worth $500 easily. The Kawi engine is awesome. Love the previous gen. metal hood. Hard to believe someone let it just set outside.

Joel
Hey joel, I'm in boston ny if you could let me know if you see a bolens for sale I would greatly appreciate it. I'm in need of a transmission.
Thanks ,Brian
For the tractor i would say no less than $500 if you clean it up

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This unit actually sold today - first person that came and looked at it. I was asking $600 and got slightly less than that. I did nothing to the tractor and was surprised myself to get what I did for it.

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
Nice deal. Sometimes you get lucky like that. By the time you figured in your time and any parts you made out pretty good. Why did it only have 9 hours on it? Seems like a waste of money to me for someone to put 9 hours on something that expensive.

T.C.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the mower for a very good deal and used it to mow 2.5 acres. I then moved to a place that has very little yard and I had no garage space to keep this thing. It sat out in the weather for a while and it went downhill from there. The funny part was that I had accumulated new parts to fix it up - I was going to retrofit the new plastic hood to it and install nicer tires and wheels. That never happened, so I have a newer Cub hood if anyone wants to buy it. It is this style:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
9hrs on it and you mowed 2.5 acres? You must have only mowed with it a few times. Anyways.. I think I need to bring over a trailer load of stuff for you to sell for me! :thThumbsU

Joel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts