My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about selling my 20G so I can get money to buy a few more to fix up and sell. The tractor has 17xx hours on it. Starts right up without even choking it, does not smoke. It's a Kohler Magnum 20. The rear tires are in good shape but the front tires are worn quite a bit. It has a new wiring harness and starter solenoid. Will have a new starter on it next week. A new paint job. I didn't strip it down to the frame I just sanded and painted what can be seen. I put on new side and rear decals. The seat has come cracks and it's pulled up in one corner and the pan of the seat is cracked as well. Below is a pic...

John

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
I have been following Gravely rider values for about a year now, and as discussed on several threads before, tractors in excelent condition don't always bring what they should.

Why would you sell it? Do you need it or not? It's one thing if buying, selling, fixing up, etc is a hobby - but otherwise I would think the only reason to sell would be because you mo longer need the machine.

I have seen a few very nice tractors bring much higher prices, $2500 - $3500. But that also was effected by attachments, location, etc.

Just the tractor, even that nice, $2000 - $2500 might be the top and that won't be a quick sale - lots of people will walk away before you find the guy that will pay that.

IF I had a use for a second tractor, I would pay $2000 or more for a low hour late model 18G or 20G in very good condition - If we buy a larger piece of land in our upcomming retirement move (smaller, simpler house - maybe more land, more rural) I might be in the market for a second tractor. But as is, one is enough, especially now with the improvements I am making to it.

Sheldon

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
Quick. Someone call the guys in the nice white lab coats and tell them to bring John a very long sleeved jacket.

John, If you want some projects I would be happy to trade you. Give me a call.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I did forget to mention it comes with a good working 50" mower deck.

·
Registered
384 Posts
She sure looks nice John. I'd like to think you could get $2500 but the right buyer may be hard to find. Hard to do if you want to move it quickly.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
In today's economy value is the answer to most buyers.

Most want to mow.

Lets see;
$500 for tractor A
$2500 for tractor B

The buyer will take A or nothing 99% of the time.

The 1% buyer will come along, but, don't expect to sell that beauty this weekend!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts