My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering trading my 2003 Cub Cadet 2166 with about 240 hours that also has a 42'' snowblade in very good clean condition.For a RZT-50 Zturn that has the 22 hp Kawasaki and 50'' deck that sells for $3000.00.

Before I decide to go the the local dealer and see what he saids.Does any one have a guess what he will say?Probably would have to sell mine my self then buy the new one out right.Any ideas what I should ask?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked there but that would be asking.Im sure they would have to take much less.It was $2700.00 new not counting the snow blade.

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
johndeere,
based on the info that you gave the book value for trade in should be $1230-1470 for the tractor and $210-250 for the blade, that is what the book shows, and if you base what they offer you on these numbers you will know how willing they are to deal. The MSRP for the 2166 in 2003 is listed at $3499
Dan

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
johndeere,
based on the info that you gave the book value for trade in should be $1230-1470 for the tractor and $210-250 for the blade, that is what the book shows, and if you base what they offer you on these numbers you will know how willing they are to deal. The MSRP for the 2166 in 2003 is listed at $3499
Dan
Sounds good to me. I will see what a few local dealer offer me?I will see how I can trade for either a RZT-50 or RZT-54.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I checked at 2 JD Roanoke, New Holland and 2 CC dealerships in Pekin and Morton on my 2004, 2180 with 200 hours and no snow blade and $800-900 was tops. We have decided to keep it and run it until the wheels fall off. I'm interested in buying your snow blade and chains if you want to sell it separately. slkpk

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I'll bite. Why do you want to trade a nice tractor for a zero-turn?

·
Banned
852 Posts
My guess is they will give you $350 to $450 trade value, blade is worth $0 to them.

There's a lot of these out there for sale and the folks think there worth more than they are. I watch prices daily and not everything is selling either, watch ebay and CL and you'll see tractors go for a complete auction cycle without one bid or never hit the reserve.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

$950 if you sell yourself and depending on the state your in some local economies are well and some are not. Blade is worth $100 to $125 if you can find a buyer.

Scott

·
Banned
852 Posts
Never Ever trade BTW, dealer WILL make his profit and whatever he "allows" you on trade has eaten into his profit and he may sit on that loss untill he sells your trade so needless to say they won't and they don't offer much.

I always think it hilarious that guys say well it listed (MSRP) for $xxxx 12 years ago as though that actually means something relevent to todays value.

Scott

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Yeah the 2554 lists for $4,700 now! Most dealers sell it from $3995 to $4,300.

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
The prices quoted are directly from the dealer trade in blue book, the prices that are reflected in that book are usually low compared to actual market value for obvious reasons. If the dealer uses an equipment blue book and does not want to offer you near what is listed; find another dealer that actually wants to make the sale.

The MSRP may not mean anything comparative to todays value to you, to me it compares the amount that the machine was "worth" when new compared to what is supposed to be worth now "used". To the owner it shows what he should be able to reacapture on his "investment" for taking care of it.

Also, I don't know where some of this information is coming from, but the blade is actually worth $310 or more to the dealer, Hence the $210-250 that you can expect in trade, again according to the blue book that THEY use.

Dan

·
Banned
852 Posts
1 of 3

View larger picture

price: US $150.00 Buy It Now >

Make Offer >

Shopping hint: Make an offer and get it for less.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: 20 hours 50 mins (May-05-09 12:56:25 PDT)
Shipping: US $50.00
UPS Ground
Service to United States
Ships to: United States
Item location: Waucoma, IA, United States
History: 1 Offer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also:
Bid with Bid Assistant

Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend

Listing and payment details: HideShow
Starting time: Apr-28-09 12:56:25 PDT
Duration: 7-day listing
Payment methods: PayPal
See details

Meet the seller
Seller: dodgetastic( 153)
Member: since Dec-12-03 in United States

See detailed feedback
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 153 | 100% Positive
See detailed feedback
2. Check how you're protected

Pay with and your full purchase price is covered | See terms

Description (revised)

Item Specifics - Item Condition
Condition: New

Here is a NOS 42 inch Blade Brand NEW in The Box never used. MINT condition. All Complete in the box. It will fit all the Cub Cadet Lawn Tractors listed in the manual picture. Can ship . Local pickup welcome. Thanks and God Bless --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select a picture

Scott

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
I think it may be most beneficial if we were to stick to the op's question, that was what he can expect from a DEALER if he were to trade his machine in, last I knew dealers did not use EBAY to value their equipment, but what do I know?

To the OP, sorry but I am done dealing with know it alls, so I will not be reposting to this thread, but the prices that I listed are a base out of the DEALER's blue book, good luck with your trade in and new machine.

Dan

·
Banned
852 Posts
I am considering trading my 2003 Cub Cadet 2166 with about 240 hours that also has a 42'' snowblade in very good clean condition.For a RZT-50 Zturn that has the 22 hp Kawasaki and 50'' deck that sells for $3000.00.

Before I decide to go the the local dealer and see what he saids.Does any one have a guess what he will say?Probably would have to sell mine my self then buy the new one out right.Any ideas what I should ask?

reread his question.

Know it all.

Scott

·
Banned
852 Posts
And it's called market value. Do you understand market value? Guess not.

Blue Book is subjective, it's the buyer that determines the price, always the buyer. Free market, not taught in gov schools these days.

The know it all.

Scott

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
An object is worth what the buyer is going to pay. All else are "guidelines".

·
Banned
852 Posts
johndeere

Do us a favor and report back to us what you got for your tractor, resale or trade.

Be aware-

MSRP as you state is $3000, let's say the dealer offers you $700 at the MSRP and your cash out before tax is $2300. It's possible the previous cash buyer may have bought that same tractor for $2400, that would give your trade an actual value of $100.

Scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts