My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got my hands on a Craftsman bagger unit, it appears to be all there and in good condition, only problem is.....I don't own a Craftsman Garden Tractor.

I can't locate any model numbers or nomenclature that would indicate what tractors it will fit, I can't use it and don't know have the info needed to market it to someone who does.

Can anyone identify this model?

I'm hoping to find someone that can use it since it is geting to be that time of year again.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Not really sure drew. Looks like it is missing the bracket that bolts onto the tractor and then the bag assembly slides in it to mount? Maybe just not in the picture? :trink39:

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
That bagger fits the older silver tractors with 38" decks, the only thing that you are missing is the bagger bracket that attaches to the tractor.

Dan

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, thanks guys, not sure what bracket you are talking about, there is a bracket on this already, unless there is a reciever or something that it would attach to. Does this mean I should just junk it, or is it worth trying to find a new owner?

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
Right, it is a hitch that your C channel would fit into and then affix with a pin. I do still see these baggers for sale, yours looks to be in nice shape, it would just take finding someone who is running one of the older machines and needs a bagger.

Dan

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I will put it up on my local CL and in the for sale forum, hope someone is near to me, Close to Cincinnati.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
yeah it is from the older tractors with the small deck. I don't know how many are still out there. Most people find when the deck rots out or the tranny goes they are not worth fixing. Good luck, Ed

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Kungdrew, along with the hitch bracket it looks like you may be missing the square hanger brackets that go around the top of the cans and hold the cans to the hanger arm.

Just my opinions.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Kungdrew, along with the hitch bracket it looks like you may be missing the square hanger brackets that go around the top of the cans and hold the cans to the hanger arm.

Just my opinions.
No the hanger brackets are inside the main frame, the baskets slide into place and the hinged cover locks in place holding them tight.

I might not put too much effort into selling it, I can scavenge a few parts off of it and then put it out at the street.

Just looked too good to pass on without investigating first.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Now is the season to find a buyer for it.

The one I'm running on a 42 inch deck came from a 38 inch machine. The only piece that needed to be 'fixed' was the part down at the mower deck, a little snip here, a little tuck there. Works great. It's not as wide as the standard 42 inch bag, but sure does the job.

They're selling about $100 - 125 up 'north' here.

The mount that is fixed on the tractor that accepts the channel iron is not shown in the pics, but it is available for any Craftsman machine. The channel is kinda 'standard', same width, same bend, same mounting holes.

Wish you was closer....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts