My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't purchased it just yet. I go to pay for it tomorrow :)

It's a regent 22/44.

I went to look for a utility trailer and the sales person in HD said that my tractor won't pull much.

I was looking at a 17 cu ft trailer. Might have to hall some landscaping rocks (not the big ones) and some unistone around. He said I would have to do it by wheel barrow

Is he right?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
You should be fine unless you live on top of a mountain. I believe that has the Tuff Torq K46 tranny which is OK for occasional light duty hauling. Too much heavy hauling and it will begin to squeal to let you know you've gone too far. You don't want to roast it in its own juices!

·
Premium Member
9,615 Posts
You can core aerate, just be sensible. I pull my 42" core aerator with 3 cinder blocks over my mostly flat lawn with my Craftsman with a K46. I wouldn't pull it up a 30 degree grade. I use 5 cinder blocks when I pull with my JD 316.

All that said, be careful filling a 17 cu ft cart filled with "small rocks". That weight will add up fast and that could easily toast your hydro.

·
Registered
146 Posts
http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEAGP_fsH9tGcEO87mRgtLvBCd6
"The maximum horizontal drawbar force allowed is 280
Newton. The maximum vertical drawbar force is 160
Newton. This equates to a 250 lbs (113 kg) trailer on a
10 degree hill. Secure the trailer with an appropriately
sized clevis pin."
Simplicitys PDFoperation manual.
I have the Regent 22/44 and used it to haul a 6 person hot tub up a silght incline about 400 yards. Not a grunt whine or anything. Don't over do it and it will be fine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I haven't purchased it just yet. I go to pay for it tomorrow :)

It's a regent 22/44.

I went to look for a utility trailer and the sales person in HD said that my tractor won't pull much.

I was looking at a 17 cu ft trailer. Might have to hall some landscaping rocks (not the big ones) and some unistone around. He said I would have to do it by wheel barrow

Is he right?
I bet if you bought your tractor at HD and it had a K46 tranny, he would have told you it would pull that cart loaded down just fine!

Kevin

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You sir are probably right.

I know its not the biggest tractor, but I will just have to make small loads to not over stress it.

Looking forward to it.

Only 30 + days remaining until we move in and I can start cutting :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do they still make geared transaxles in garden tractors or no, because my 68 sears ss 12 has hauled a my trailer with about as much wood as it takes to get the tires flat.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a snapper L200-2044. same tractor as regent and it can do alot more than given credit for here but it is a lawn tractor so it has it's limits like everything. I'm sure you will enjoy your new Simplicity.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

I'll just try to keep it light to be on the safe side :)

Now its just a matter of counting down the days

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This makes me feel a whole lot better seeing that.

The sales person made me feel that unless it was a deere.. it wasn't going to pull anything.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
it doesn't take a whole lot of product knowledge to sell mowers at HD. I would rely a lot more on your Simplicity dealer than some guy at HD. For what it's worth, I pulled 12-15 loads of pea gravel with a 4211 hydro. This was in a 12 yard agri-fab cart. It was so heavy that the release lever for the dump on the trailer gave way on my last load.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used mine to core aerate my yard I had an incline and a good one. I did not think it was abuse but it was and I blew that tranny. I have since purchased a Simplicity Conquest. It has grunt I need. I only used the core aerator once a year and the third year was when I had to replace the tranny for $1350. You can take whatever advice you want here. But I have first hand knowledge of that transmission. If you are going to cut grass fine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info

I did wish to aerate my lawn. But now I'm having second thoughts. Oh well..

After all I did get it for mowing the lawn and pulling a small trailer now and again.

Cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is the load of cherry logs I pulled with my Reagent last night. No problems.Granted this is a rare occurance.
My goodness man, are you crazy!!:thThumbsU

Just kidding ya. I've been known to test the limits of my 1990 12.5LTH lawn tractor. It's hauled some wood. Cherry too. But the Conquest hardly strains with a load.
Where in NE PA. are you Blasterway. I'm a 1/2 hr north of Scranton.

Kevin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts