My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GT2554

Mainly cut grass and do light yard work. Occasionally pull a trailer around the yard, etc

·
Registered
14 Posts
GT2542 In the summer months I use it to cut grass and to pull a utility cart full of fire wood. In the winter I use it to plow snow.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
I have a CC LT 1045 that I mow with and tow a cart and a Case 446 for garden work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My tractor is actually still my dad's A Farmall. We are doing some work to the steering and then plan to replace the water seals. After that I want to totally degrease it, sand/scrap it down and repaint it.

Dad uses it to mow his yard and plow/disk the garden.

·
Registered
748 Posts
a CCLT1050 for just mowing and occasionally pulling a cart, Simplicity 7117H(Onan 18HP twin) as the work horse, plowing, tilling,etc.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just got my first CC 2130......actually test mowed with it today...wires hanging out all around.....nice tractor.

I plan to use it in fall cleanups.....lot of pine needles here and a bagger is only way to go.....Lots of older folks in neighborhood....so I help with their yards. This Cub will get a work out this fall. So, I've got time to clean it up, POR 15 under rubber foot pads, and then a little new paint.....:thThumbsU

·
Registered
339 Posts
LTX 1045, Feb 09. Use it for lawn work, and plowing snow in the winter. Just bought a tow behind lawn vacuum, brought it home today. Couldn't put it together as not all the parts were there,,,,,, Took it back this evening, and ordered another (Sears Special) The unit is made by Agri Fab, with a Sears name on it. Best price I could find.........

·
Registered
542 Posts
Cub Cadet 3225... We bought it used last year and had to do some maintenance to bring it back to full utility...

Last year we:
  • mowed 2.5 acres every 5-7 days,
  • dug a huge swale for drainage with the tiller and the Johnny Bucket,
  • moved 14000 lbs of landscape blocks and about 4000 pounds of capstones,
  • moved a yard or so of CR#2,
  • spread 10 yards of topsoil and 8 yards of mulch.
  • moved about 4000 pounds of native stones to build two rock walls,
  • moved a 7 foot tall crab apple tree
  • smoothed and tilled about 150 feet by 20 feet at the back of the old farmer's field
This year (so far) we:
  • transported the landscape stone and slate to build a stand for my new A/C unit
  • mow 2.5 acres every 5-7 days,
  • cleared a section about 100 feet by 20 feet at the back of the old farmer's field (that should finish it!)
  • moved a 12 foot tall weeping cherry (not sure it's gonna live!)
  • finished up re-arranging some stones for the back garden
  • added caddy bars to the bucket and moved a bunch of old downed trees to get ready for curbside pickup
  • moved several large piles of brush getting ready for pickup (caddy bars again!)
  • cleaned up 10 trees that we took down (love those caddy bars)
We have planned:
  • more mulch
  • smoothing and tilling the cleared section
  • lots of mowing
  • maybe one more tree...
If the driveway were longer, we'd also use the snowthrower, but we have a walk behind that we use instead.

I find myself asking "what CAN'T we do??"

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
782d, 15hp Kubota diesel, mow someones yard for extra $$ and plow day machine, sometimes winter snowthrower duty. Cub Cadet Original, mowing duty at home and at the other yard, future plow day tractor. Currently has its engine torn down at work for new rings and to fix an oil leak. Cheers Mike

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a 2542,I use for mowing,and plowing driveway in winter. I also have a 123 for sweeping yard, and backup for mowing,and all around pulling needs.Phil.:trink39:

·
Registered
65 Posts
CC GT3235 w/54" deck, front quick hitch w/hydraulic angle
- Maintain 3.5 acres of lawn (Mow, Spray, Aerate, Fertalize, blah blah blah)
- Clear 350' of drive (blade and snow thrower)
- Have used it to pull stumps, level ground

I really want a Johnny Bucket, and am trying to convice the wife that it would be worth the money.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
So far with my 126 I've hauled brush and wood - went a 1/4 mile up a logging road to haul cart loads of sawdust for garden. And just Joyriding! :fing32:

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far with my 126 I've hauled brush and wood - went a 1/4 mile up a logging road to haul cart loads of sawdust for garden. And just Joyriding! :fing32:
If I were you I'd ride it across the street and go fishin'!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Cub 127 All it does is snow removal

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have a CC Original, a 70, and a 122. I use them to entertain myself! Our yard is too small to actually use one, but I ride them around at tractor shows.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
WH 522xi that I use to aerate, dethatch, mow, fertilize, pull cart loads of; wood, yard debris, rocks, stones, loam, mulch, etc..., pull schrubs and leaf mulching/pick-up in the fall with a lawn sweeper. Probably a few other things that'll come my way in the future, hopefully a FEL or in the least a Johnny Bucket. Maybe even a snowblower attachment! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi All,

I have a Cub LTX1045. I use it for mowing, pulling a cart, pulling my yard sweeper, and pulling the dethatcher. So far it has been great tractor.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts