My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys had this happen? Today I was just finishing mowing the yard and I noticed that the front left wheel was rubbing on the top dust cover of my new x500 so I pulled in the garage. I got out the floor jack lifted it up and wiggled the wheel and the whole thing came off in my hand. It lookes to me that the casting was bad and it just let go. Glad I noticed or that could have been REALLY BAD!!

Only 9 hours on the machine...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,900 Posts
Glad you are ok, and can you say waranty? Lost a C clip once, almost has the same till I noticed the wheel didn't look right, stoped just in time.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If you had bought a Cub Cadet :thThumbsUinstead of one of those cheap green things:banghead3, this would never have happened.
steve

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
That's not good with only nine hours. I would hope that is covered by the warranty.
I'm sure hope you are asking that question "tongue in cheek"

·
10,839 Posts
If you had bought a Cub Cadet :thThumbsUinstead of one of those cheap green things:banghead3, this would never have happened.
steve
There is a discussion going on right now to determine your punishment. Prepare to lose something. :fing32:

·
Banned
587 Posts
I can feel your frustrations on the wheel matter. Back in 1988 I had a JD 180, and one day when mowing I noticed the right front wheel/tire warbling badly. I removed the tires/wheels and notice the outer bearing was completely gone. I made an inspection on the left, and too, it was going out. I made a trip to the dealer where I purchased the tractor from to get a new wheel bearings. I ask the part manager why the outer bearing were wearing out. Would you like to guess his answer?

He told me I was mowing my lawn the wrong way. So, I ask the silly question. Which way am I to mow the lawn? He said, to mow it the other way. So, I ask another silly question. Do you know the way I'm mowing my lawn? No, but you mow it the other way. Needless to say, he needed a knuckle sandwich.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I keep thinking about my buddy's lawn that I mowed two days ago. When I say there are some steep slopes to mow on doesn't really do it justice. I am talking butt pucker hills. I can't imagine if that wheel would have come off then.

Mow the other way.... that's good, I need some comic relief right now lol

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
steve
Really? Because both front wheels fell of my Cub Cadet and it cost as much as 5 X500's :)

I'd say it was just a bad axle, it can happen... Deere will fix it :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Really? Because both front wheels fell of my Cub Cadet and it cost as much as 5 X500's :)

I'd say it was just a bad axle, it can happen... Deere will fix it :)
I'm sure it wasn't funny when it happened but sounds **** funny now!

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
It's funny now... but back then? I was livid! I guess they didn't tighten any of the lug nuts at the factory and stupid me, didn't check them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts