My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it did catch fire when i was checking for spark (hole in gas tank i did not realize had spilled all over the engine head and down the frame (and on the grass underneath) thats why its covered in powder (fire extinguisher) and right after, i made that extinguisher into an exhaust pipe for my bike behind it in the pic, i was dying to do that for over a year :trink39:

dates on pics are wrong, i just took them

i was told this is a cub cadet

air filter

sorry for the bad pics, it got dark 5 hours ago, so i couldnt aim the camera (used flash for light)

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
Dont know, but it looks like it would go! I guess it has a Tecumpse 6hp.? I see the po relocated the gas tank, as the motor's original is tossed in the back.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know, but it looks like it would go! I guess it has a Tecumpse 6hp.? I see the po relocated the gas tank, as the motor's original is tossed in the back.
yea i rigged that tank on so i could give it a go, the old tank leaks bad. (and caught fire, see all the burns?)

id guess myself its anywhere 3-7hp. i have a H60 from a snowblower that looks very similar.

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I have a extra tank. But, I like your idea better. Plastic tank by the exhaust pipe,...I see what can happen.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the tank i got on there isnt permanent. im gonna change it. the tank is actually a small problem compared to how beat up this thing is. lol

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Is that a model number/serial code sticker on the right hand frame rail between the rear wheel and the cross-bracing?

·
Super Moderator
16,679 Posts
Is that a model number/serial code sticker on the right hand frame rail between the rear wheel and the cross-bracing?
Check that decal. I'm thinking it's Hodge podge of several tractor Brands:thThumbsU

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks like somebody made a racing mower.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Looks like a custom made go cart.

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
I bet that fire was the fastest three minutes of your life, huh? How about a tech write up on making an extinguiffler? Does it muffle well?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bet that fire was the fastest three minutes of your life, huh? How about a tech write up on making an extinguiffler? Does it muffle well?
the CPC will be getting a 15.5 kohler command that i got for free as well. a different front end, too. with the same size front and back tires.

the muffler was on my baja warrior for maybe a month. since then i replaced the china clone for a Tecumseh HM100.

the muffler is a straight pipe that fit into the top of the fire extinguisher. i cut the back off. and drilled a hole through the top of the extinguisher all the way through the straight pipe and put a nut and bolt, because i cant weld aluminum. only steel.

here is a video of that muffler on its last day of riding before the engine swap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL5r4WsaWfg

some clips in this video you can see the baja from another bikes view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcxrGbOHviM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsXlWT8yrEo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts