My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not an 8hp version of the quietline is it? That sounds more likely with a blade. Never saw one or heard of one but Ebay shows manuals that include 800, 1000, 1250 1450 and 1650.

·
Super Moderator
16,345 Posts
The 800 was the lowest price Garden tractor in the quiet line series Wide Frame . Had a 8hp Kohler,3speed& 1rev had a optional electric lift,could also take a creeper trans. It was made from 0ctober 1974 till January 1976 and was replaced by the 1100 series which had a briggs engine and belt idler to peerless trans.:thThumbsU

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Would be nice if people would include the image (if there is one) when posting these craigslist links. Just a suggestion.

No fancy photobucket required, just right click the image, save to desktop, then upload as attachment. MTF threads last a lot longer than craigslist listings and the image can be of general interest, not necessarily just to go buy the thing.

Nearly every time I go to follow them, mostly out of curiosity to learn what something looks like, the listing is gone, often just within hours of the posting. Arrrgh:00000060:

·
1,124 Posts
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/1220386041.html

$50. I'd go get it, but I don't know what it is.
I hope you're not trying to "steal" Cubs from my area?:sidelaugh

BTW, here's info on the 800.

International produced the Cub Cadet model 800 in 1974. The eight horsepower kohler powered 800 was one of International's answers to compete with the cheap garden tractors sold in box stores. The model 800 contained all of the same features as the models 1000 and 1200 such as the ISO mounts, side covers, and the three speed direct drive transmission. The 800's superior quality made it cost more than the cheap garden tractors sold in box stores. Because of this, only a few 800s were sold and it was unable to compete with the cheap box store garden tractors. This lead International to cease the production of the model 800 in 1976

1 - 7 of 7 Posts