My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Near the house on a forsythia bush and fairly large, maybe 2" long. Crazy-looking.
Plant Insect Arthropod Terrestrial plant Flower
Insect Plant Arthropod Terrestrial plant Pest
Plant Branch Tree Terrestrial plant Grass

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,816 Posts
Looks a bit like a grasshopper, but I just went through about 150 pictures of various grasshoppers and none of them look like that thing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hmm , that's an interesting looking critter .... looks like it belongs in a rainforest or something. but if I saw that in my yard it would be a splat on my shoe. heeheh

·
Super Moderator
11,155 Posts
I'd swear that it was a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater...but looks like it has 2 horns, so that's out

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Very interesting insect. In the second picture it looks like the abdomen is evolved to look like a crab. One of our teachers minored in entomology I think I'll send her the picture.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
.......very bizarre and never saw it before
I hope I never see it around here, that thing is nasty looking. I can just imagine my daughter seeing that, earwigs freak here out and she goes right off the deep end for spiders. Insects don't bother me much but that....that would .....................Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts