My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mid 80s 111 and am trying to find a plow. Is it only the 108,111,116 blade that will fit or will a 100 series or 110 etc fit?
Please let me know.. there is only one 111 in the area and I havent been able to get ahold of the guy and think his price is a bit high anyway.. though I may be wrong.. he wants 150.

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought mine he said it was a 42 inch. That only shows 30 or 38 inch. Is there any way to find out for sure what deck I got? It lists 30 inch and then 38 with adjustable lip and without. Not sure what the adjustable lip is.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess its a 38.. I just measured and each blade is 19. Just not sure what the adjustable lip is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Could you post a pic of your 111? I have one and its not like all the others. I have a manual pto and my fuel tank is under the hood. I was looking for a pto clutch, went to all the JD dealers and they couldnt find anything about a manual pto. I just rebuilt it myself! lol good luck with your serch!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try to post pics tomorrow. I already got my shoes off. My gas filler neck is in the very back and mine has an electric pto.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blah. OK going through the pics of the adjustable lip and not Im pretty sure I dont have it. I dont see wheels on the adjustable lip one and mine has wheels. Seems the spindle bearings are the same either way and thats something I need ASAP so I will go get those tomorrow.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got ahold of this guy with the plow. He is absolutely firm on the 150. Does that sound fair? Ive seen em cheaper (before i got a 111 of course)

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
$150 sounds like a fall price. If you want it you'll likely have to pay it. At least that one looks to have all the parts. You might save $50 waiting but it depends on how badly you want a plow and for less $$ you'll likely end up with one in worse shape. That one looks to be in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think I am just gonna buy a la105 or 115 or 135 and a plow and all for it. I dont think even with the snow blade I am gonna be really happy with this mower. I do like it but I really like the styling on the new ones. The 105 is like 1300 and 500 for the snow blade/weights/chains so I think it may just be best to get something newer.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I think so too !!

guess you may want to redo your sig to....Old JD 111 (mid 80s I think)
for sale :ROF:ROF:ROF

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL.. at least it has an emblem! ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seriously though I dont think anyone would want to buy it. May just park it at the lake and use it to mow the 5 ft wide by 75 ft long patch of grass that i normally just weedeat :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know this thread is fairly old, but do you still need a plow, or know of anyone who needs one? I have a complete 108-116 plow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts