My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well i purchased a PYT9000 for my home for an incredible deal. got 50% off. but I quickly realized that it wont be up for some of the heavier duty tasks I want to do. So my question is, what do you guys recommend keeping an eye out for if I am looking for an older heavy duty unit to fix up? Any specific ones that are usually easier fixes, or better then others for work? I appreciate all the suggestions but would like to know what I should keep my eye out for. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Old Wheel Horses, Cubs, Deeres, Sears, ETC.. that are GTs. There are so many out there I could only names those off right now.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
JD 318 baby, yeah. Check out some of my posts showing off my toys I have for mine. And the cool thing is, I can get back every nickel I've put into her.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Hey guys, well i purchased a PYT9000 for my home for an incredible deal. got 50% off. but I quickly realized that it wont be up for some of the heavier duty tasks I want to do. So my question is, what do you guys recommend keeping an eye out for if I am looking for an older heavy duty unit to fix up? Any specific ones that are usually easier fixes, or better then others for work? I appreciate all the suggestions but would like to know what I should keep my eye out for. Thanks!
I guess it depends on what your heavier duty tasks are. What are you looking for in a particular make and model? HP? Specific attatchments? I swear by the older, soild built, heavy Sears suburban tractors including the GT's and ST's, but I suppose some would disagree with me on that. Price wise, they've always been more practical and affordable as opposed to John D's. I finally purchased a Bolens(1988 model) thats my heavy duty work horse. I've got a snow thrower, a plow blade, and a street sweeper. It's one tough SOB.

See what some of the other guys recommend, the list could go on and on, you'll surely discover a whole world of tractors that you didn't even know existed. If you're like me, when it's all said and done with you'll fill your garage up :trink39:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts