My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lawnboy77 got me to thinking about this.
I bought it when I got the Buttercup and 7000, but don't know what model it is. Help anyone?

Attachments

·
LawnBoy mech in training.
113 Posts
Well, mine looks similar to yours and I have tried to track it down also (has been re-decked). The best I have come up with was another mower I saw that had the same decal on the front and it was a 7253.....so that is what I am going with until I find something more definite.

I am thinking I may drop it onto a 19" deck and make it like a 5024.

TSA ~

Attachments

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,064 Posts
Lawnboy77 got me to thinking about this.
I bought it when I got the Buttercup and 7000, but don't know what model it is. Help anyone?
My guess is that it is a post 1975, D-433 for a model 5024, 7024 or 7084, but some one changed out the on/off switch and flywheel and cover and fuel cap from an older D. The fact that it has the post 75 fuel tank, shroud and carb bowl with the dump valve makes me think this is original to a brick made after 75.
It could be the other way around also an older 433 that someone replaced the carb, fuel tank and shroud with a newer version. The more I think about the second scenario is more likely since flywheel hardly ever go bad, but fuel tanks and carbs occassionally do.

·
LawnBoy mech in training.
113 Posts
Now see - that is a definitive answer right there from someone with some knowledge pertaining to this discussion. Whereas, mine was more along the lines of "Its the same pretty green with a shiny metal thing coming through the top." :)

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, the flywheel portion would be from an older model and the rest from a much newer one, right ?
OH, you can't see the crankcase lower part, it is not a long snout one.
The flywheel screen , nut and cap threw me.
And thank you !
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts