My Tractor Forum banner

What model is my Scott's John Deere?

1817 9
Hey all. I picked up this Scotts, John Deere with a missing hood yesterday cheap for its parts and the unit does not have a model number on it. Its a 2001 machine according to the engine, it has a 17hp, 31 cubic inch, early Briggs Intek single cylinder, it's a 42" cut and has a 5 speed spicer transmission. The gas tank is in the back, it has a fuel pump. Manual blade engagenent. Theirs a parts checklist under the seat. Maybe the model was on the hood. I would like to get the model number in case I decide to save this machine and get parts for it like the hood. Maybe the model tag was on the hood??
Can anyone out their identify what model this scotts is or a close similar model number I can use to look it up. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Here are a few photos to help identify it.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Look at the back where you would attach a rear hitch, there would be a sticker with barcode, model # and serial #.
I'll say 2001 L1742. although I'm sure Merc knows this, he's owned a few Scotts but want you to be able to see where to look.
He'll figure out the "code" :tango_face_grin:
I'll say 2001 L1742. although I'm sure Merc knows this, he's owned a few Scotts but want you to be able to see where to look.
If it is definitely a 2002 with 17hp Briggs it is L1742
Similar to my L17.542 bought in 2002, but is 17.5 hp, hydrostatic, 42”. Mine’s still running and does some of the light duty leaf pick up with the two bag bagger. It even worked with my Cyclone Rake for a few years until I got my X738.

I looked while I was out picking up leaves. The tag is above the left rear wheel.
17.542, the seat and hood are identical to my 2002 from home depot..
Still running... shares a stable with a D100 deere.
my lawn tractor is John Deere Scotts L17.542 ,42 inches deck with 17.5 horsepwer , i want to know what serial number of snowblower on this ?. i need help
Hi ronjoyce2011
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
...here is information, including snowblower from Tractordata...it shows the model #...each unit will have its own serial#
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle
1 - 10 of 10 Posts