·
Dog Saver
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what Model # is my Freinds John Deere ?

The serial # is SNT HW3D026276T
it has a bucket that has SNT 7300000828U
then a Backhoe with SNT 00920014230U
also looking for manuals for these as he doesent know what year of model it is.. I told him I knew where to go and ask ! It has a 3 Cyl Deisel in it it has 300 series welded into the bucket.. but he's not sure..
Thanks Gang
CraigT hh:greendr:

·
Dog Saver
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you get a picture of it from the side? That may help us a lot in giving you a proper model number.
hey thanks for getting back with me.. cant get a pic cause he's not in my area.. but when he came by yesterday we looked at some pics online and he pointed out what he had...
old farm tractor built between 1968 and 1975 i think it said.... i thought we might be able to tell by the serial #
Thanks
craigt

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Those years make me think '20 series.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
I am no sure of where to look for the ser number identification. I am going to think its a 20 series also only in the construction end of things if there is a bh on it.

·
Dog Saver
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am no sure of where to look for the ser number identification. I am going to think its a 20 series also only in the construction end of things if there is a bh on it.
here is a pic of what he has.. this pic is of a IT 300 .. would the BH your talking about be near the serial # ?

were trying to find a shop manual for it.. but not coming up with anything for the IT 300...
let me know what you guys think..
Ya still think its a 20 series ?
Thanks
Craigt

Attachments

·
Dog Saver
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about a 301A or something on that line?

ok here is a pic of his tractor.. he just painted most of it..
it has some #'s that are casted in some of the parts..
on the front hydro pump it has R42663 and below that it has 5481

and under the tractor seat it has another caseted # T21471T
on the joystick bracket it has U-15804-U
and on the power stterring cover plate is a T21461T
and on the block it has T24983
and on the backhoe booms ( up and down Cyls) it has U 14040 U
can anyone help find out what series this is ?
like i said it has 300 series welded in the bucket on the backhoe.. but the previous owner got it that way..
thanks all
craigt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I vote for the JD300. The T21471T seat base plate is only used on the JD300 and JD400 machines. The 300 is the three cylinder version and the 400 is four cylinder. It is basically the industrial version of a 1020 tractor.

·
Dog Saver
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I vote for the JD300. The T21471T seat base plate is only used on the JD300 and JD400 machines. The 300 is the three cylinder version and the 400 is four cylinder. It is basically the industrial version of a 1020 tractor.
Thanks JD110!!
Ill let him know.. will the 1020 IT shop manual work for his 300 ? cant find one for the 300 itself..
thanks again
craigt

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yes, a 1020 manual should be fine. The major differences are a heavier front axle and the "permanent" loader/backhoe. The engine, transmission, rear end, and hydraulics are the same.

·
Dog Saver
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, a 1020 manual should be fine. The major differences are a heavier front axle and the "permanent" loader/backhoe. The engine, transmission, rear end, and hydraulics are the same.
Awesome.. thanks again...hey one question..? how come the serial #'s didnt help out finding what this thing was ? they all get destroyed or something ? never kept records ?
thanks again bud..
craigt

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The serial numbers from that era were kind of confusing. The current serial numbers are very easy. They have the model number as part of the serial number. I have never been able to identify a clear way of identifying the model during the period your 300 was made. Maybe one of the older members that worked at deere or a dealer during that time can clear it up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts