My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What model does this look like? Either is a 800 or 900? Guy near me is selling it, doesn't start but says is complete, no attachments. Always liked the looks of these, hood/grill looks mean. What do u all think?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doh, forgot to post the pic....

Attachments

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
That would be an 800. It has the separate "tractor style" metal fenders.

The 900 has a flat, one piece fiberglass fender. Also, I don't think that the 900 had the steel seat either.

If it has a Wis. S-7D engine it's a 1963. If the engine is an S-8D, it's a 1964.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I have a 900 that has the S8D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kewl - i was thinking 800 too due to the metal seat and mini fenders. have seen some pics of 900s with them too... but maybe that was a retro fit. hopefully going to see it tomorrow night. not sure what my plans are for it. all my attachments are for large frames... but hate to see it go to scrap

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It looks like it's in saveable shape. As said above, it's definitely an 800. In 1965, the only difference between the 800 and 900 was the tire size and the fenders. Apart from that, they were the same tractor.

Jason

·
The ford man!
62 Posts
Yes that is defenitly a bolens 800 I have one and I love it!!I hope you end up geting that one and saving it.

ford f47

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys... the seller and i have been playing phone tag. left him a mesg two days ago and no response since. guess he's not too motivated to sell it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts