My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last nite i bought this Craftsman 15/42 hydro not running but in nice shape for 40.00. Thinking i prolly made a bad deal and would never get my money back because selling a non running mower at any price is near impossible around here.

I put it on CL early for 125.00 hopeing maybe just maybe i would get a bite.Boy was i in for a suprise. Had over 40 calls in 3 hrs. fighting over it like it was the last mower on earth. What made it so popular? I personally would never have given 125.00 for it as i felt like a fool paying 40.00 and the 10.00 in gas in my truck to go get it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Theres 40 fools born everyday......,hahaha

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
I would have gave you $500.00 for it. I have dreamed all my life to that year. It was the best John Deere ever made. Now where did I set my drink. :drunkie:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Parts If I need a deck or rear end for one it would be worth the money.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I bought a 12 hp one the other day for 60 running deck was bad tho ..Dad wanted it for a bush buggy so i gave it to him ...Will post pics this weekend when i go see my dad

·
Registered
938 Posts
You probably could have put in a new battery, cleaned out the fuel system and sold it for $300-$400 running. Maybe more but I know there is one setting all summer with $595 on it so that must be too much.

·
Banned
2 Posts
LMAO I just got offered $500 for my 2001 murray select ...I have it listed at $850 i know thats high but i gave myself some playing room as most people like to barter if he said 700 or 750 i would have sold it to him ..I cant wait for his reply as i sent him one saying no sorry try again ty

·
Banned
2 Posts
I was just suprised at how much interest it had. I think my 125.00 asking price was fair if you wanted to spend alittle on parts like a battery etc.As for selling it running for 300.00 plus i doubt it maybe 200.00 tops if you were really lucky.

I posted one last week that needed a rear tire it ran drove and cut grass ..I had listed as a fixer upper for 250 not one reply lol ***

·
Registered
938 Posts
I was just suprised at how much interest it had. I think my 125.00 asking price was fair if you wanted to spend alittle on parts like a battery etc.As for selling it running for 300.00 plus i doubt it maybe 200.00 tops if you were really lucky.
Around here you can get $350 for anything that isn't a relic and that looks and mows decent.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
There is one here on C/L for $499 with a bagger. It needs a drive belt. I personally don't think it will sell but it could, people will buy anything.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
plus that briggs i/c is a nice engine

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would give you $125 for it.
Kyle

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had one with a snowblower and bagger.Traded it on cl for a jd 185 hydro.I dont know what is up with people and craftsman.If they like them ,they really like them.I hated mine lolol It ran good but had no torque and the blower was like new but would plug up in anything but the lightest snow.It did suck leaves pretty well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts