My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you put on this? My friend just got this and using in the mud ( been very wet here ) and it is slipping all over..anyone have any suggestions?...Snow tires, chains?

·
Super Moderator
37,101 Posts
Well they normally are working in dirt/mud, does it transport by towing, if so then you need a roadworthy wheel on it. You could try chains when it is off the road that way you can remove for towing.

·
Super Moderator
10,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it was originally owned by a Gas Company that uses them mostly in the street...it does get towed on the road...I thought chains also

·
Super Moderator
37,101 Posts
Are the pads on the extendable arms flat on the bottom? He might also try modifying them to have a more aggressive nature to prevent movement, something like this maybe:

·
Super Moderator
10,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stabilizers are ok..just when he goes to reposition the unit...he is slipping.....he is using it to dig up fuel tanks....which are usually under a lawn somewhere on the properties so...he makes a mess with loose dirt and the rain...causing loss of traction

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Those things usually get moved around the job site by pushing, pulling, and lifting/swinging with the hoe. They only need tires to move longer distances.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Not sure what tire size it is, but you could put an LT rated A/T tire on it if you have fender clearence and can find a good size fit

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
It actualy is self propelled
So is my SCUT. I still use the hoe to move it around rather than swing the seat around to operate the tractor.

When you're straddling a trench that terminates at a building at either end, there is no choice but to use the hoe to get the tractor moved to one side of the trench.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts