My Tractor Forum banner

What type of camera do you have?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We here at MTF love seeing photos of, well, lots of stuff but mostly tractors. Of course you can't get photos without a camera. So, what kind of camera do you have? Also do you touch up your photos before posting to MTF or do you upload straight from the camera? DSLR or point and shoot? Post what you got and a couple sample photos from it. Also I am posting a poll to see if the majority of us here at MTF just have point and shoots or maybe most of us have DLSRs? It will be interesting to see!

I love taking photos but I do only have a point and shoot. My old one was a Olympus C-740 digital camera but earlier this year I upgraded to a Nikon Coolpix AW120 which is water proof and shock resistant and also takes 1080P HD video. It has been a very good camera and for what I do it is perfect. Rarely will I alter or edit a photo before posting to MTF, 98% of the time I upload straight from the SD card.

Heres a couple sample shots from my Nikon. These are straight off the SD card.

And heres a couple from the Nikon that I have edited and touched up.

So, let see what kind of camera you have and post a couple photos it has taken!

·
What did you say ?
582 Posts
I take pictures primarily for my blogs or documentation so I use the camera on my iphone 6+. Used to do SLR in the days of film.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,745 Posts
I try to remember to take my Panasonic Lumix when I intentionally set out for pictures or video. So that is what I mostly post. But, there are a fair amount of times when something comes up and I hadn't planned, so out comes the iPhone for a postable picture. And, finally, there is a Bushnell trail camera on constant duty in the woods behind my house. I have it programmed most of the time for 15 second video.

I almost never photo-edit, unless I want/need to remove some PII from a picture before posting.

·
We're all friends here
14,272 Posts
We have a Canon point-and-shoot that is about five years old but still takes fairly good shots. My wife uses it most of the time. I have found that my iPad Mini takes some really nice hi-res photos. It's just a bit large to carry around on trips.

98Murray, your Nikon takes some beautiful photos, as evidenced by your recently posted show pictures. :fing32:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have an Olympus Pen EPL 3 Lite, GoPro Hero 3 White, and my iPhone 5c. Most pictures i take are taken using my iPhone, because its a lot more convenient than carrying around my dslr. I Use my GoPro for recording video, and time lapses. My youtube channel in my signature shows off my videos, camera quality isnt as good as i would like on the go pro, but it gets the job done.

My iPhone takes good pictures, its an 8 megapixel camera that records video at 30 fps 1080p or 60 fps 720p.

My DSLR is 12 megapixels, and is much much much better at taking photos than my phone, but like i said before, im not going to be carrying it everywhere, like i do my phone.
Some photos from my iPhone...
And the last one is from my go pro

Attachments

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Cool stuff! I am surprised how many DSLRs there on on the forum! Keep it up guys! :thThumbsU

98Murray, your Nikon takes some beautiful photos, as evidenced by your recently posted show pictures. :fing32:
:thanku: I appreciate it! But actually the show photos were taken with my old Olympus. It did a fine job for sure! This years show photos will be brought to you by the Nikon though! I will be posting them the week after the show so stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I use a Olympus XZ-1 and XZ-2 point & shoot.

·
Keeper of the bees
2,409 Posts
We have 4 all Kodak's except one a Cannon. We bought the first Kodak in 2000 which was a display model and used it 5 years along with a film point and shoot camera. It is only 3x zoom. It is now the camera I carry in my truck so I always have a camera near by.

In 2005 we bought a new Kodak a dx model with 10x zoom along with several ways of taking pictures sport for moving still pictures, land scape for a wide view and portrait for those close up type pictures.

Wife wanted to keep it around the house with her all the time so we bought me my own Kodak a IS model with 14x zoom. out I took it hunting with me and other places till 2013.

We bought a Fugie film zoom camera when the wife started having problem with the DX Kodak. We returned it after I took only 11 pictures and the double AA batteries were dead, A nice camera but still only used short lived AA batteries.

Replaced it with a Cannon. It is OK but not a Kodak by any means. Finally getting the hang of it after a couple years use.

From May 30th with the Cannon.

Were I to buy a new Camera today with Kodak no longer making them I would buy a Sony in the price range of the Kodak's we bought. A friend has on and I am impressed with the ease of use battery life and the great pictures it takes.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Sold my Canon & Sony DSLR's & carry a Canon S100 P&S. Someday, i may get another DSLR, wife dosen't like the prices of the lens i want though:dunno:

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Sold my Canon & Sony DSLR's & carry a Canon S100 P&S. Someday, i may get another DSLR, wife dosen't like the prices of the lens i want though:dunno:
With my DSLR, I find that for equipment/garden etc pictures, I use the 18mm setting of my zoom lens on my Nikon most of the time, I find I get better pics if I zoom with my legs,,,

Pic of the berry patch yesterday,,,

My wife's Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone takes pretty amazing pics,,,
as long as there is enough light,,,

The biggest shortcoming of the new phone-cameras is the lack of flash power.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,745 Posts
I see this thread popped to the top again, and that several years ago I posted a response without any examples. Well, times have changed for me. I still have the Panasonic Lumix p&s, and can't remember the last time I pulled it out of the closet. I have a GoPro Hero4 I use for video, a Bushnell Trail Camera I keep on monitor duty at all times, but the vast majority of my pictures are off my iPhone 8. I take pictures of equipment repairs I am doing as memory jogs for next time, of progress on my wood piles, of my grandson, of wildlife sign in the woods, and things I might be offering on CL.

But, mostly my subject is my 10 year old, Scout:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have a Nikon D-60, a fine camera but too bulky for everyday use so seldom gets taken out. Plus I can't afford the lenses I want. The Canon Power Shot SX220 does most of what I want. I always haave the IPhone with me but due to a tremor I find it very difficult to shoot pictures.

·
4,712 Posts
I have a Nikon D7100 that I bought in 2014 when my D90 was swiped out of my car ...along with an AW 100....so I bought a AW110
I used to lug the DSLR all over...but I started to realize that I was spending all my time taking pictures and not really enjoying the scenery....I still use it, but am more likely to have the P & S with me...and it is waterproof...I use Irfranview free photo editing program...I just rsize, correct color...sometimes change to B&W
The first picture has been resized and color corrected from the D90...the second is from the P & S

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts