My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Need to let it cure and rub it out, Can't wait to see how the bedliner foot treads
last.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
SWEET!!!!!! Really nice looking treads and that green is poppin!! I actually just put a new set on my sears tractor. Had a little bit of an issue with the adhesive. I used 2 part epoxy in the past with bad results(peeled paint, didn't adhere very well). I ended up using liquid nails, but that left bumps and was somewhat messy. Ended up touching up a few areas that had lifted on the seams with crazy glue.

Are your treads made out of hard plastic or are they rubber? What did you use to adhere them? They look great. I had been looking around for a tough two sided adhesive that I could have traced while I was cutting the treads. Might have been a lot easier!

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Lookin good Katt!:fing32:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spray on truck bed liner. I taped it off sprayed 4 coats, let it dry a week.
Then primed the deck Friday night painted the deck Sat.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Pretty slick using bed liner for the tread area that looks sharp Katt.

·
Enginerd - DieselDork
778 Posts
I would be really tempted to do the complete underside in that stuff too.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,935 Posts
Wow! That's impressive, KATT! I only wish MINE looked so nice!

Say...... If I supplied the bevvies.... and came down to NH before snow season and put your blower on for you.....???

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Here's the prep ! Since my 175 had been painted a few crappy times I had to go to bare metal.
The warning is bedliner will stick to bare metal or factory ( never repainted ) paint ( that's why they bedliner a new truck ) and why I had to put the bedliner foot pads on before repainting the deck.

Sure LTG!! but my garage is unheated and I suspend all reno's by cold weather. AND don't forget this is my Toy 175, Rusty 175 is going to be a much bigger challenge !! ( the whole problem with Rusty's starting and no lights and no PTO... Yep Ignition switch filled with ............ wait for it...............
RUST:fing20: Switched over Toy's ignition and everything came to life..

·
10,731 Posts
What does it take to be able to paint the bed liner also?

Looks great, by the way.

·
Experienced User
132 Posts
That looks great. I had an auto body shop redo my deck on a 322 I owned. Your looks just as good. Put a good coat of polywax on both the top and bottom surfaces before putting it back on to help it last longer.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

This is my high tech spray booth, I need to paint sitting down for my back.

The bedliner comes in rattle can like the [email protected] (TSC). Just tape off the area and spray away.
I did 2 coat 1 day 2 coat the next day. used up the rest of the can to touch up the inside of my Model 50 and 80 trailers

You know after polishing it's going to be sealed with KLASSE sealant thanks to Brian

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Did you paint the deck with rattle cans too or do you use a paint gun?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks good Katt!

1 - 20 of 201 Posts