My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gearing up for a major move, about 600 miles, so a new trailer was needed. A big one. So, I got some beams and axles from a mobile home, bought some other stuff, and started sticking it all together.
It started snowing today, so I had to take a break but here's where it's at:

20' deck, plus tongue and tail will be nearly 30' by the time it's done. 12,000lbs capacity by the axles, I may upgrade to 14,000 later though.
The truck is what I'll be towing it with, a 69 F250 that I put a 7.3l diesel and 5 speed manual in.
This is by far the biggest trailer I've ever built, and every time I step back and look all I can think is that it's huge.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the topside of the coupler before I hoisted it up:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope so- That's 12" beam (3/16 thickness) and 2x6 1/4 wall rectangular tube for the tongue.
I'm going to have some reinforcement plates cut for it, along with some gussets for the coupler and from the uprights to the beams. Lots and lots of work left for sure.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, but the states I normally tow in are fine with them. Although I'll likely replace them with 4" drop axles, since this thing sits a bit tall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts