My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am courious to know what everyones pets favorite play toy is.

Gizmo likes stuffed toys especially ones that have long dangly legs to flip and flop.We buy him toys all the time at Wally but they usaully end up being shredded by his razor sharp teeth.We got him one of those expensive Tuffies brand octopuses from Ebay once but he wanted nothing to do with it.

His all time favorite toy is a small blue rubber ball that i found on the side of the road.He takes it everywhere and carries it from room to room wherever he is in the house and also sleeps with his ball. Those 2 are inseperable . Its like he is obsessed or posessed by that ball.If he cant find it or loses sight of his ball he has a nervous breakdown.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
My dog buttons likes tennis balls. He always has one with him and is ready to play.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Being a proud CLEMSON fan our son's dog Claymore (we're dog sitting for a year while our son's in Irag) favorite toy is a rubber USC Gamecock. We've been through at least a dozen of them so far. My wife stopped by PetSmart last week and found out they are discontinuing them so she bought the last two they had.

·
Banned
628 Posts
my cats like toys that arent...
they love foil wrappers ... when you start unwrapping candy they will come up to you ready for it to be balled up and thrown to them.

another one really likes the way ice cubes slide across the kitchen floor. and comes up to you when you open the freezer.

then theres flies.... love to catch and play with them

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ditto on the above reply!My cats have lots of toys but when i tear some aluminum foil they come running and beg me to roll some into a ball.We painted the downstairs a few weeks ago and i found at least half a dozen aluminum balls in hiding.

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Well, we have 4 cats.

Rudy likes the plastic caps from bottled water the best.

Murphy likes the lazer pen

Harriet has a stuffed bird that chirps and she plays with it all the time, especially in the middle of the nite.

Ernie likes to play fat, lazy cat with the bedspread. Does a real good job, too!

All in all, anything that has been mentioned is fair game. Candy wrappers, flies, Catnip, etc.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Dutchess my female Doberman loves real cow bones.. It's about the only thing that will stand up to her jaws and she loves them and it keeps her teeth nice and clean. Toys just don't work for her... :)

·
Super Moderator
29,532 Posts
Beau seems to favor a rubber squeaky hotdog. we've had the toy forever, but for some reason in teh last few weeks he has fallen in love with it. at night when i say time to go to bed, he will run in the other room, grab the hotdog, and race to bedroom. each morning he takes it back up front, we lock him out the bedroom during the day since he likes to get in the bed and under the covers when we are gone. that ain't good for a 80# Lab!

Hooch, our Choc lab that got hit almost 2 years ago, had this furry rabbit with a squeaky in it. he LOVED that thing so much and never chewed it up in 3 years. every time my mom came over i could say "your Nina is here" before she came inside and he would run get that rabbit and meet her at the door. he would play fetch with any toy BUT teh rabbit too. you throw the rabbit and he would get it and hide it and bring you something else! i buried it with him.

Belle, our outside Lab mix, has a peice of a stuffed animal. don't know what it was originally, just 2 legs are all that is left. but she plays with that thing all teh time.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Elvis and Hubert Sumlin our two yellow labs like Nylabones and Kongs. The only thing that holds up to their jaws. They also have Lacrosse balls that last a while.

The plastic ring on the one gallon milk jugs or the fresh cat nip get the cat going.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bruno likes his water bottle. I gave it to him when he was too small to play with it but he has always known it was his. It is the only toy that survived his "chipper shredder" stage. He will play fetch with it or just carry it around the yard. I think he likes the hollow sound it makes when it bounces off the ground, he does not try to catch it. He used to try to bring it in the house but learned that was not allowed so he will set it upright on the porch when he comes in for the night. His favorite indoor toy is doughnut shape about 4" in diameter and covered with the same stuff as a tennis ball.

Bruno_Bottle1.jpg

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bruno likes his water bottle. I gave it to him when he was too small to play with it but he has always known it was his. It is the only toy that survived his "chipper shredder" stage. He will play fetch with it or just carry it around the yard. I think he likes the hollow sound it makes when it bounces off the ground, he does not try to catch it. He used to try to bring it in the house but learned that was not allowed so he will set it upright on the porch when he comes in for the night. His favorite indoor toy is doughnut shape about 4" in diameter and covered with the same stuff as a tennis ball.

View attachment 72801
Giz likes to play with empty 2 liter soda bottles.I put a washer or something inside to make it rattle and he tears thru the house like a madman with it.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
My cats being cats are by nature cruel and hard hearted. The more money you spend on a toy the less interest they will show in it. "I wanna plain wad of brown paper!" and then the chant starts... right after the storebought hand crocheted squiggly octopus with catnip velcro compartment goes under the couch with one shot...

All those toys except for one... "THE CYCLOTRON". A circle if injection molded plastic "track" with a captured hard plastic 1¼" ball. It can't come out of the track, it just goes round and round with a noisy clatter. All 4 of them at one time or the other each day "smash some atoms" with "The Cyclotron". They'll walk nonchalantly right over it to look out the floor to ceiling picture window and then jump back on it and whack the ball around. Sometimes one whack sometimes 20 minutes or more of endless Subnuclear Electro-Physics Experimetation whacking takes place.

Middle of the night electron nuclear research is not uncommon and house guests always say in the mornning, "I heard this strange sound last night, what the heck was it?" I always tell 'em, "Atom Smashing". My old male cat Boy will lay on it and just tap the ball which goes around, hits his ample frame and slowly rolls back to his paw. I've seen him do this 30 times or more and then he finally dozes off.

And then there's the other "Favorite Toy".... ANYTHING not nailed down that a human might need later on in the day... :)

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Chief likes anything new! Give him a new toy & watch how proud he acts;

Attachments

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Sticks. She chews them down to nothing. If I don't give her a new one she will go dig up an old root. When I turn my compost she's right there to snatch any piece of wood I may turn up. To her they are like truffles.

I give her soft dead wood that's easy to chew and easy on the mower and snow thrower should I find them the hard way.

As for a game, she likes to catch Frisbee. She goes through them often.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showpost.php?p=507396&postcount=25

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
We have a cat that will swipe your water or soda bottle cap as fast as you can set it down.

The beagle just likes to sleep.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Sadie likes any new stuffed toys... but she'll tear them up within minutes. Her favorite is an old plastic horseshoe she found out in the woods... its time for a new one though, you can't even call it a horseshoe anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts