My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting very frustrated with one mower in particular..I bought the POS for $130 ..So i get it home needs new belts and a tune up so i do a complete tune and service .I even rebuilt the Carb ,new gas line and filter and a new shut off.Get it all spiffed up working good then i blow the trans no biggie i had one in stock replaced it ..Well i take the unit Out to my dads cut the grass working good take back to my shop after i am done park it beside the race car ..So i start tinkering with the Vega ..All of the sudden i smell gas ..I turn around and see gas on the floor under the tractor the pig had emptied the fuel tank in to the base and out the exhaust ..How in the heck could it do this every thing is new..I took the bowl off its clean a whistle the filter is clean the needle and seat seems to be seating ..Iblew threw it and it holds when the seat is closed...I am ready to take a hammer to this thing ...It has me baffled ..Any ideas

this is the only pic i have of it ..I am not at the shop today decided to take day off lol So i cant take any new pics today

3272inj_20,,,,42.jpeg

Attachments

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this mower makes no sense ..I wonder if there was still crap in the carb ..I let soak in gas for 3 days and blasted it with air then rebuilt it

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Sounds like something was holding the needle open. When you took it apart it dislodged? You need to soak it in Carb Cleaner and take a little wire to all the ports. Soaking in gas won't clean it.:fing32:

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
Might also help to add an inline fuel shutoff too. I've gotten in the habit of doing that on all machines I obtain these days. Just a little extra insurance that you won't have to deal with a gas flood all over your floor and in your crankcase. Not fun.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like something was holding the needle open. When you took it apart it dislodged? You need to soak it in Carb Cleaner and take a little wire to all the ports. Soaking in gas won't clean it.:fing32:

i think i am going to soak it again ...And replace the seat again it might have gotten damaged when putting it in ..It looked good ..Just frustrating lol its been a curse

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might also help to add an inline fuel shutoff too. I've gotten in the habit of doing that on all machines I obtain these days. Just a little extra insurance that you won't have to deal with a gas flood all over your floor and in your crankcase. Not fun.

i put one on it but forgot to shut it off lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts