My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
junk. IMO. plastics are not the way to go in my eyes. and it says 2001, economy closed shop in 96.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats what im trying to figure. I know EP closed up in 96, did someone buy the rights to PK? I know they're not as nice but I'd still like to have a 1620 hydro just to mow and push snow with......Hydro is so nice while using a blade.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think those are built by Snapper.Those are one of the nicer newer models especially with the foot hydro...if I were closer,I would jump all over that tractor with those hours and that price.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
misson manufacturing has the rights, i dont know if they bought them directly when economy folded or if there was a middle person but to the best of my knolage there were no more produced after they closed in 96. i would imagine plowing with a hydro would be less difficult but i have never used one to plow and you should probably get the opinion of somebody who has owned a hydro pk before making a choice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haves hydro ford lgt built by jacobsen but given the option to buy a hydro plastic king I'd just buy another old school one.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,290 Posts
If you are going to buy a plastic PK, that's THE one to get. It didn't get any better than that. It's probably a 96 as that is the last body style. PKs changed hands a number of times before Mission got them. Nobody is making them nor will anyone make them again. They just can't compete with the CUTs and SCUTs out there. That's what killed them. Everyone wants 4wd, hydro and a drink holder.:trink40:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just found it on searchtempest tonight. I'm nowhere near it, I just didn't realize the plastic power kings went into a second generation. Are these as tough as the steel bodied ones?

·
Still plays with tractors
2,290 Posts
Nothing is as tough as the steel tractors. They are, however, light years ahead of what you can buy today (CUTs and SCUTs excluded). I think there were more than two generations of the plastic PKs but I'm not all together sure. The changes were more subtle than they were with the steel tractors.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm learning so much, I only took it to be one style of plastic ones.

·
Registered
641 Posts
PK's were sold by couple other ventures near end. Yazoo Keyes had them awhile, never built any tho. Some outfit in Ill, don't know name, had them right after EP went under. Think most of these guys were selling older NOS tractors out of crates that were left over. I almost bought one like that. They were $7500 tractors around that time and you could get much more tractor in those days for same money. Plastics in big 16 and 24 models started in 85 with one piece hoods. Later (not sure when) they made three piece hoods and cleaned up the design alot. These were when the hydros were started. Early ones had controls in the right fender, and later at a foot pedal. This UT-620 was one of best made and had better attachments and quick-disconnect offered for front mounts. Some years they were made for Snapper, but didn't work out to long. Many Snapper dealers aren't even aware of the models that PK made for them. They don't acknowledge that time, yet I've seen the brochures and visited a dealer in IN that had those, seen them myself. This was about 94'. Sold for about $15,000 with loader and decks included. Could get a nice JD Utility for that money and be much better tractor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts