1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
I wonder what that guy is smoking.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
For $6000.00 it will most likely stay unused. You can go out and get something good for that money. :thSick:

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Sorry but that isn't a 73. Try 1978.

I love ads like that. It's nice to know that there are still demented people walking amongst the regular folk to keep us amused. At one time, they were known as Court Jesters.

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
I saw that auction earlier this evening and saved it just to show the gf. She knows enough Case to get a pretty good laugh out of it.

1973 wouldn't have an access plate under the dash with finned voltage regulator, the plastic reservior, the pocketed hood, or the muffler that goes with the pocketed hood for that matter... It's a 1978 or 79. 1978 was year Kohler went away from the Delco-Remy starter/gen in favor of a geared starter. 1980 was when Case went to the mid-length fenders. Unless it was repowered it doesn't have a 16hp... which is so tactfully advertised on the side of the hood.

At least the wheels look nice.:fing32:

·
1,359 Posts
For $6000.00 it will most likely stay unused. You can go out and get something good for that money. :thSick:
That actually is a really good tractor... But for $6k, it won't be going anywhere fast. Keep in mind that a new 4018 sells for around $7500.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I saw this thing last night and had the exact same reaction as the OP, first the color caught my eye and the I had to take a double take at the price.

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Ropari you beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post this for all to see.
Interesting tractor... would like to know the truth behind it.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,732 Posts
Well it DOES come with a cart and snow plow....:sidelaugh

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I like the color of it. slkpk

·
1,359 Posts
One complement I can give to whomever customized the paint: They were thorough. Not simply a hood and fender tutone job... The axles and frame were done as well.

·
10,839 Posts
What is this?

It's a crime and he should have his Case permit revoked. Maybe he should be looking at the (insert some POS brand here) lineup to massacre.

·
Registered
583 Posts
There has been some chat on the yahoo site about this machine, possibly having been a prototype sample or something that Case put out.
For six grand look at all the big box store little greenies you could buy to play with!!!!!:MTF_wel::biglaugh:
Anyway I double dog dare all of you to place a bid on it, I tripple dog dare you to bid on it!!!!!!!:sidelaugh:biglaugh::fam32::bump9:
Bob MacGregor in CT

·
10,839 Posts
Anyway I double dog dare all of you to place a bid on it, I tripple dog dare you to bid on it!!!!!!!:sidelaugh:biglaugh::fam32::bump9:
Bob MacGregor in CT
Still trying to figure out a value on a MF 224 before I throw out a bid. :banghead3

1 - 20 of 33 Posts