My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been sitting around the shop for years. Can anyone ID it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got it to run. I had to file the points, gap the plug, shoot some oil and starting fluid in the cylinder and carb, and fire in the hole. The carb is in rough shape. the throttle and choke shafts are froze and the fuel bowl is corroded through in one spot. I either have to find a replacement carb or try to repair the one I have. Here's a vid of it running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlT6TjDy75s

I will post some pics of the carb when i get them on the computer.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some carb and mag pics. Can't believe the mag works with the cap broken like that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It definitely has possibilities. Sounds like the main bearings could be a little noisy.
If I get the carb issue resolved I will take a look inside. When its running it sounds ok. My camera makes things sound a little tinny also.

Anyone know where to get a carb bowl gasket or a replacement carb for this old thing?

Also where do you guy's get your Mag parts, cap, plug wire, etc.?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have an AB just like it the carb is the same but not in great shape but repairable ,the problem I have is the plug hole is wiped and cant find a heli coil tap for under $100 if I remember right its a 18mm x1.5 so it sits untill the day my ship comes in I would like to get-er going as it was my dads and he's been gone a long time ED I also have a AK with a mag problem thinking it needs a recharge on the magent

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
I bought an ABN at Coolspring in June, I didn't really need it, it was tempting because it was complete and unmolested, right down to the original muffler. A little carb. cleaning and decarboning (from leaded gas) and it runs like new.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just talk to the owner at the mower shop just down the road a 1/4 mile. He has 2 of these engines, one is a fixer, the other for parts. The good one has an in/out gear box on it, the parts one has the mag cap that I need. His fixer looks better than ours so we probably will fix that one. We are always horse tradin' with this guy so he said just take em' and we will square it up down the road when he needs something. Will post pics when I get them home.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, got em'home. The good engine is an AK and the clutch is an over center type. :thThumbsU . The parts engine mag is the same as our original engine. The guy said he felt bad making me take this junk so he through in a Briggs cast iron 16 hp. with starter/gen. One ear is broke off the pan and left a hole, but we just happen to have a good pan for it.

Attachments

·
Collector of many tractors
15,230 Posts
I have a new old stock 14 hp long stroke Wisconsin in the barn.
I used it for about one hour. I have a few more smaller ones also.
My Gibson tractor also has a Wisconsin engine.
My homemade duce&half has a two cly and I have an extra engine for that one.
Great engines.
I also have a shelf full of mags for them.
I also have a disturber replacement for the mag for one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also have a disturber replacement for the mag for one.
I never knew they made a distributor. That is cool. :fing32:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Man oh man somepeople have all the luck , would kill for a chance to get some like that. BTW the carb is a Bendix/stromberg . or sure looks like it , mine needs rebuilt and have no idea where to get a kit ED

·
Super Moderator
16,442 Posts
Some nice scores there. I'm a Wisconsin hound from way back.....great engines :fing32:

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the AK running. Just filed the points, shot some oil in the cylinder, and put fuel in it. Took a little time tugging the rope, but got it going. I need to find a cap and wire for the mag. Its different than the other 2 wisconsins, they have Wico mag's. This has an Eisemann, anyone know where to get parts for it? Also shot a vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo1rNEmySxQ

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.