My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this listing on Craigslist and I'm having a hard time believing that this 42" snowblower will fit all of the tractors they are saying it will. Does anyone know what it is and what it will actually fit? For $175 I would love to throw it on my X300 for the winter and get whatever I can out of it but I can't imagine it would fit. Thanks!

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/1177565820.html

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just talked to the guy and he said he bought a used Murray LT and this blower was part of the deal but was never used and he doesn't plan to use it because he has a plow on his truck. He said there is no name on the blower but he looked up the model number on it and found that it would fit a john Deere. He's going to email the number to me today. Is this thing a piece of junk or what? I would hate to buy it just because it's so cheap and then find out it doesn't blow snow very well during the first of many snow storms we will have here in Maine.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't look like any of the ones on their website but it would be older.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grrrr the guy was supposed to email the model number to me so I could make sure it fit my X300. I just got the email and he said someone has already bought it. Oh well I'd rather have a john Deere blower anyway but what a deal for an unused blower.

·
Premium Member
9,615 Posts
It doesn't look like any Berco I've ever seen. If you can find a Berco at a good price, buy it! One of the best blowers made and they make brackets to use it on just about any tractor, you just have to buy the subframe and drive unit specific to your tractor.

And yeah, that was a great price on an unused blower.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Is that a single impeller? If so it is only good for snow dustiing and very light snow falls IMHO. I've always used double auger type snow blowers.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the auger doesn't look like it would be good for deep or heavy snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts