My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of selling my 2010 Toshiba Satellite l455. Good condition, touch pad a little faded.

Any idea how much it is worth if I restored it to factory settings?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Thinking of selling my 2010 Toshiba Satellite l455. Good condition, touch pad a little faded.

Memory and processor? I would say you would be in the $250-300 range.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Memory and processor? I would say you would be in the $250-300 range.

Intel Celeron processor.
Either 3gb or 4gb, I'm leaning towards 4.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Intel Celeron processor.
Either 3gb or 4gb, I'm leaning towards 4.
With a Celeron and 4GB, your closer to $250. I just bought my wife an new laptop with the i5 processor with 6GB for $449. The one you have is base line for running windows 7 and Toshiba have lifetime issues with overheating. If someone offered you $250 I'd take it. Technology losses value faster than a car now days.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Even if you restored it... if someone who really knows puter can get all your info off of it.
I give mine away or take it to goodwill after I take the hardrive and memory out and take a hammer to them.
Just not worth the chance to me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Realistically it's probably in the $150-$200 range. The Celeron would only be 32-bit and Windows on it would only see 3GB of RAM regardless of how much is physically there. Newer computers would be 64-bit and be able to utilize the higher memory space. If the battery lasts 8 hours that would be more desirable. If you are worried about privacy, use dban prior to restoring the PC from the image discs and you'll be fine. Memory is volatile and once power is removed loses all data. Besides, a broadband internet connection is much more likely to be the point at which people are getting at your data, not reconstruction after a quick ebay deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts