My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer tells me my JD 345 is not worth very much? I do have alot of hours on it.It is a 1999 with 1733 hrs on it. It runs and looks like new.I wanted to know what the dealer would give me on trade in I have the tractor and snowblower and power flow bagger.He did say it starts up better than most.So he gave me a price and I almost hit the floor,he said he might go $900.00 what do you think?:crybaby:

·
Super Moderator
16,375 Posts
According to The Grounds Maintenance Equipment Blue Book In good avarage condition it is worth between $1,230 Low to $1,680 High. But that is not including the price of the mowing deck. Next year in 2010 it will be worth $930.00 on the Low side.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
My dealer tells me my JD 345 is not worth very much? I do have alot of hours on it.It is a 1999 with 1733 hrs on it. It runs and looks like new.I wanted to know what the dealer would give me on trade in I have the tractor and snowblower and power flow bagger.He did say it starts up better than most.So he gave me a price and I almost hit the floor,he said he might go $900.00 what do you think?:crybaby:
The hours are whats killing you. If it were me I would keep it or try selling it out right. With this crazy economy some dealers are willing to trade and others don't want used right now unless they already have someone looking for a certain model. I wish you the best. slkpk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The next new tractor that hour meter is gone.I have seen tractors with half the hours as mine in really bad condition,mine looks new yet.yup screw that hour meter

·
Registered
460 Posts
I personally would not buy a tractor where the owner has disconnected the hour meter. That is bordering on fraud.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I personally would not buy a tractor where the owner has disconnected the hour meter. That is bordering on fraud.
Well,let me see if I have this right you will not buy a tractor that had hour meter disconnected and won't buy a tractor that has 1700 hour on it.So what do you guys do with your tractors just wash and wax them.I see tractor older than mine with half as many hour in really bad condition(but the hour are low) I bought mine to work the more work my JD does the less work I have to do.Im looking at a JD2320 today with loader,snowblower,60inch mower deck.It;s a 08 the guy bought last november the mower has never been used,the tractor has 66hour on it,his son is selling it he is asking $13500.00 for everything. Sound like a great deal to me.Last tractor I'll have before Im planted.When Im planted I hope they dig the whole with a John Deere:greendr:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
When I look at a used tractor I also look at condition and everything else around the owners place when I go there. There is more to me than just the hour meter. 1700 is high hours for a GT but if it's been well taken care of the 1700 hours wouldn't bother me if the price was right. I think selling it outright would be your best option. With 1700 hours you seem to be some what like myself. You keep and work what you buy and take care of things. If the dealer is willing to give you $900 he would most likely try to get $11-1200 out of it or it would go to the local auction. Even with the attachments most of the time dealers won't give you much on trade in value. If there are other dealers out there in your area see what they would give you. This last time I did a deal I went to at least 6 different dealers in my area before I found one willing to give me what I thought mine was worth. What do you think it's worth? slkpk

·
Registered
812 Posts
I just sold a 1976 JD 400 for $1500.00 with the transmission making a wierd rubbing noise. The dealer offered me $200.00 BEFORE the noise started. It had 900 hours (low for year) but did have newer motor (1990) and new deck (2000). Parts alone should be worth the $1500.00. Forget the dealer!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Attempting to trade an older tractor to a dealer is about equal to trying to trade old used shingles from your house roof on a new set of shingles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts