My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this around 22 years ago , its off a refer unit Im thinking it was on a shipping container, it was covers (most of the time) runs on propane also had a 15 HP electric motor on the unit, came off a thermo king cooling unit. the starter is part of the chargeing system also. no names, numbers ect anyone know what it is Im thinking wisconsin or kohler?? ED

it has very good compression for sitting so long if possable like to change over to gas its all cast iron and heavy

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
Not really, and cant even really confirm its a CCK or CCKD...or some othe model.

The CCK was governed @ 1800rpms, CCKD was 3600

These were used on Generators only as best I can tell, but alot of Onans looked alike.

There isnt any tag anywhere, like a metal one riveted to the shroud?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no tags no nothing I looked at heads for a cck and sure look like it, will just keep looking thanks ED not sure whatr it is but something is being driven off flywheel and it connects to the trottle plate, it has a small tube going to it and a ground wire

·
Registered
289 Posts
I too was thinking it looked like an old Onan engine... Cant contribute anything else tho as to what model it might be or anything tho.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im thinking that the gov was set up to run from temp controller when I gettime going to change out oil and try and see if she will fire up Im assumeing that both cyl frier at the same time with one wire to both coils (old style) and points under flywheel , if running is it worth anything?

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
That looks like the Onan motor I have on my RV Genset. Go to SMOKESTAK.COM and there is a section of the forum there that deals specifically with that type of motor. The guys there are very willing and ready to help. They have helped me greatly getting my generator up and running. A lot of very good info there. Hope this helps.

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
If running, its only worth something to someone that has that exact engine but blown up.

I had a complete Emerald 2 Onan Generator, would spin, great compression, had no spark...I couldnt give it away.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Onan just as Red said. Google Onan CCK and you will find information. What you thought was a 5 hp motor is probably an electric generator putting out 5KW.

Red
You never cease to amaze me. I wish you lived next door to me. I'd work for free. Can you cook??????:trink39:

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes it has a heavy duty cen clutch I dont have any plans for maybe someone has something to trade? I can use this motor on many things here so its going to get running when and if I ever have time like I said, took 22 years just to get it out of the frame ED LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts