My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

Picked up a tractor last weekend, almost a "basket case" (body and wiring torn apart) and could sure use some help figuring out what I have and putting it back together. Looks like too heavy a tractor to send to the scrap heap.
Engine is a Kohler K341AQS, 16 HP, transmission is a 4 speed manual (not the hydro), shaft driven to a gearbox just about under the seat and then a belt drive to the rear end. Rear end looks like it could be used in a truck....
Rear of the seat pan says "Homelite/Jacobson", tag on the left front of the tube frame says "Homelite/Textron", UT no. is 34019, Serial no. is 0510001, engine spec no. is 71147, serial no. is 15013275, is free, looks like good compression, previous owner says "runs if you pour gas in the carb"
Carb was froze up, just about done but need to find a seat for float. Only ID on carb is some numbers that appear to be ""4747W2".
Wiring hanging all over the place, nothing I can's cure but where can I get a schematic and/or service manual for this thing? Where are the safety switches? Ignition is points/condensor but no big starter/generator like my Case 444 or JD 110. Is the starter on this also the generator?
Steeering and front axle a little sloppy, is there an easy fix?
What have I got...? Is it worth saving? Have a deck with it but really don't need it, may just use it to pull trailer around with...
It's a big tractor, about the same size as my Case 444 without the big wheels and I'd sure like to bring it back to good again.

Any help you could give me would sure be appreciated!

Bill

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope... except for the name. This one has completely enclosed side panels on the engine with a center lift up hood... Tube frame, front electric PTO on engine..
Looks like a Ford LGT16 but no hydro and different color...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts