My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple tractors today and the guy has this cool Case.He's had it forever,i remember him using it to cut his grass.It's in nice shape,just dirty.It's been sitting 4-5 year.Any idea's on what it's worth???(all original!)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Case 195, there is one on ebay right now that you can follow.

That one appears to relatively in good shape, just needs a good cleaning up, but I would get it running first to accurately assess the engine. It also comes with the deck and wheel weights but also appears to have the snow caster (kind of rare) and also has the optional hydraulic lift, those all add some additional value.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Case 195, there is one on ebay right now that you can follow.

That one appears to relatively in good shape, just needs a good cleaning up, but I would get it running first to accurately assess the engine. It also comes with the deck and wheel weights but also appears to have the snow caster (kind of rare) and also has the optional hydraulic lift, those all add some additional value.
Thanks.Good tractors,rare???

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
They are a very good machine and many are still in use today, however, do to their age and the fact that Case had changed the mower deck set up they are not practical for everday use.

Wear items are harder to find and more costly, clutchs, bearings, blades, pullys etc., also when doing hard work with these machines rear axles have been known to break, axles are getting harder to find and expensive, for the Case collectors out there the above don't matter much because they have access to an array of parts - thats why their still in use, therefore I would regulate this machine to parades and shows.

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
They only built 195's for two years - '67 and '68. Unfortunately, due to Case's lackluster records of the era, it's nearly impossible to tell whether it was built in 1967 or 1968 unless it has disk brakes. They were upgrade from previous models and added to the 195 and 155 models in mid-1968.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts