My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the second frame I have seen that is in two parts, That is fine, but it appears to me that this is not welded right. It looks like its broken or something else? I am not only talking about the split but also the cracks and the bumper

Look at the crudeness of this weld. its not even linned up

Whats everyones opinon?

·
Premium Member
10,259 Posts
Clean it up and have it re-welded. I had to do that on BMP's Engine Mounts, Deck, and a couple other parts. Some that I went the extra step and had reinforced in certain spots.

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
I'd saw them apart, re- align the parts, and weld a doubler in behind them. Then, weld in the fill, blend it all up and go spraying.

Does look a bit crude, as you say.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
It doesn't look broken. The area below appears to be clean cut. As for the left side the assembly holes are more importing then frame alinement. I believe it came from the factory that way. Less welding is sometimes better then contentious welding as it can add stresses that cause warping if it isn't done right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.