My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know I just got a B7100 HST and wanting to know the easiest way to remove/install the MMM deck. It will not slide out the side without jacking the front up about 2 feet and fighting with it.

Any ideas?:banghead3

·
Registered
309 Posts
As you all know I just got a B7100 HST and wanting to know the easiest way to remove/install the MMM deck. It will not slide out the side without jacking the front up about 2 feet and fighting with it.

I have a chain hoist that I use for my BX and my lawn tractors. It also makes hooking and unhooking the pto shaft much easier. It may not be faster but I'm not having to turn the mower wheels and fishing the deck out the side anymore. Just roll it out the front and back in works much better for me.

·
MTF Newbie
23 Posts
Can sympathize with both, I kind of struggled with taking the deck off my BX2360. After swivelling the deck wheels it still took some jockeying to get it out from underneath. I've found being able to raise the front end a few inches made it easier, not easy enough I would want to do it every day though! I do have a loader, but if I didn't I think a couple small ramps made from a couple 2x6's laid behind the front wheels and back up on them might be enough too.

db

·
Registered
177 Posts

My owners manual has me simply driving over the deck. Chock the gauge wheels and drive forward to remove. Chock the gauge wheels and drive forward to install.

If I remember correctly, when I removed my deck, I backed over the deck as I thought my rear turf tires were a bit wide to clear things.

My mower is a RC60-71 Tractor B7100 HST 4 wheel drive

I looked at the pictures of your deck. Yours also have the covers over the belt.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I didn't know if you could drive over it or not. Most JD with belly mowers you can drive over. I will try this when I get it running and see how it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts