My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ST-16 that I would like to sell. It has sat under the barn for about 2 years and hasn't run in that time. Needs new battery and engine is free. 16hp OHV Tecumseh engine. My Dad bought this tractor new back in about 1975 new. Attachments include mower deck, snow plow, snow blower, sickle mower, leaf shredder for front - can also chop up smaller sticks, tine harrow for 3 pt hitch on the back and a home made blade for the back which actually works rather well.

This tractor ran well before it was parked, the only outstanding issue I know of is that the throttle shaft is worn and the tractor doesn't run well at certain throttle setting due to the air that leaks through the shaft. A new carb or throttle shaft would make a good tractor. And the battery.

I would keep this myself, but I've got all Gravely stuff and use that brand.

Located in Western CT.

Thanks for any input,
Alex

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

I'll be listing this in a week or two and let anyone on here have a first crack at it before I list it on CL.
I'd like to sell the whole set at once, but can also see that the sickle mower and shredder seem to be higher price/sought after attachments and may sell those separately.

Thanks for all the help,
Alex

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've decided to offer this for sale. I spent a few hours on the tractor and got it running. Fuel system was cleaned out and works fine. I had to jumper the starter solenoid to get it to start. So it may need a new solenoid, or just a loose/ corroded connection.

I've contacted everyone who PM'd me and replied to this post, but none got back to me.
Now I'm offering it for sale on here. Before listing on CL.

$1300 for the whole package, may sell sickle and shredder seperate if interest is shown.

Located in the Bridgewater/Roxbury/Washington area of western CT.

Please PM me and I will email you details and pictures.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jebals71,

$1300 for the 3 pt hitch, tractor and other attachments included free.

At this point I am not selling the 3pt hitch separately.

Alex

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The snowblower is the dark one and its been the snow clearing workhorse for many years and works very well.

Don't forget a sickle mower is included in that package. Ill sell that and the shredder separately if anyone is interested.

Pm me and I'll email anyone some pics.

Alex

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Which model of sickle bar is this? There were two basic styles offered.
I'm not sure, here is a pic or two, unfortunately the ID plate has a scratch right across it which makes it completely unreadable. I do have the original manual and that would have a model number in it.

Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Not my place to say, but I would assume that the manuals would go with the respective pieces of equipment.
That is correct. There's a manual for each attachment.
There is also a color brochure - seen in pic - that was the tractor catalog that the tractor was bought from.

Alex

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Alex,

Quick question for you. Do you have a scanner? & would you be willing to scan the pages of the brochure & email them to me, so that I can add it to the "Advertising & Brochures" section of http://www.searstractormanuals.com.

If you can't scan them, would you consider mailing it to me, so that I can scan & return it to you??

Dave
Dave,
I'd be happy to send it to you to scan if you could return it within a few days.

PM me with your address.

Alex

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Alex,

Got home from work an hour ago and found the sears brochure in the mail.

Here's a link to it.

It's listed in the "Advertising & Brochures" section of the site, and I've added you to the contributors page.

1976 Sears tractor brochure.

James. & PTSW, I'll be PMing both of you later this evening, On my way out to help a neighbor right now.

Enjoy the brochure.

Dave

Looks Good!!

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.