My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Identified my tractor from the numbers and it is a L.C.G. tractor according to the codes. What does that mean? It is a Ford 2000, L.C.G. Live 540 PTO, with 8 speed trans. How does a LCG differ from a general purpose agricultural? Thanks....

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I think it means low center of gravity, originally they had smaller rear wheels shorter front spindle drops, turf tires, used on gold courses cities for mowing etc.
GB in MN

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine appears to have the regular ag front spindles. The previous owner did however install some rear tires that are way too big. They appear to be 14.5x28 or something like that. The wheels are the deeper offset like the ones off a Ford 3000 and the tires look like they belong on a Ford 4000. I will be looking to trade those out to the stock agricultural 2000 rear tires. What is the stock rear tire size for a 2000 ag tractor?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the helpful info. Of the 12.4x28 and 11.2x28, which would be the shortest tire? The shorter the better as my tractor is too highgeared with the 14.9x28. I've put the 14.9x28 tires for sale. Thanks...

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
The 11.2X28 would be the smaller tire all around(diameter and width). But what is the width of your rims, they maybe be too wide for the 11.2X28's or are you planning on selling the tires with the rims?
GB in MN

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure on the width, but I'd like to keep the wheels because they are in great shape. What is the height difference between the 12.4x28 and 11.2x28?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts