My Tractor Forum banner

What is a Gravely Estate Tractor?

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Hamer 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Wow! From what I understand, there are next to none of these around. The tractor was actually manufactured by another company, the name of which I don't know.

They used a complete Gravely L (LI?) as the power unit, hood included, handlebars not, and attached the rest that they built themselves.

I just clicked on the ad. I guess the seller also knows that there are next to none of these around...

#5 ·
From what I just found, it's called either the Gravely Estate Tractor or the Gresham Estate Tractor, and was built either by the Estate Tractor Company or the Gresham Machine Works, both of Kansas City, MO. They may be the same company at different times, for all I know. It also says they were only built using LS transmissions, since they are mounting 16" diameter tires.

I'd love to see the full print of a brochure for that machine, if anyone knows where one is.

#7 ·
I think there was one for sale at the Mow-in last year. I never got a pic of it but, maybe someone did. Jason

#10 ·
I did some digging and found these photos I took at the 2008 mow-in at Point Pleasant, WV. Knowing what I know now, I'd take a lot more photos of it should I see one again.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.