My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has the Kohler 25HP, pretty clean with the exception of a few dings in the deck. Minor smoke at start up. No hour meter. Guy wants $800...but I think $650-700 seems more reasonable to me? Or am I low on my guess of price?

·
TECH Exchange Contributor!
582 Posts
That seems like a very good price.

I fixed up a couple of 2003 and 2004 GT5000s and were able to sell for $ 1,000 to $ 1,200. Now that is sparkling with everything working and a coat of wax on them. I found that the extra 1/2 hour with some wax gives me an extra $ 100 :trink40:

I would offer your lower price and see what happens, but I would probably jump at $ 800 myself if the tractor is in very good condition.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You could also knit pick the GT5000. Complain to him about all the work you're going to have to put into it to get it working well. A smoking engine is going to need new rings and gaskets. It's worth a shot. The worst he could say is no.

·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked it up for $650. No bargain by any means, but it seems pretty well cared for and all I really want it for is to push snow this winter and do a little gardening in the spring. Don't need it to mow...I have a GRAVELY ZTR for that.

·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What model of snow/dozer blade should I be looking for?

TIA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts