My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1989 332 3 cyl diesel, [the one in my pic] it runs but wide open I have not had the chance to look at it yet to know whats wrong with it. As it is does any one have an idea what it would bring if I sell it?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Lot of factors on price... Condition of the tractor (rust, does everything work properly, condition and type of tires), options (deck size, 3-Pt, and PTO), and hours on the tractor all play into it. I'd fix the throttle issue before attempting to sell, but the diesels (esp the 332) are pretty popular... Of course, I could be slightly biased.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you where closer I'd be interested.
I got my current one for $1500, it had 1200 hours, two cutting decks and two sets of rear wheels and tires. With no rust anywhere on it. All it needed was a fuel pump.

·
Super Moderator
32,621 Posts
One dollar, but I'll give you twice that because I'm a nice guy!!!! :ROF

A running 332 should bring you about $1750- $2000with a deck and in reasonable shape. With that problem if you're planning on selling it that way, knock off a couple hundred!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot. It is in good shape has good rubber, it does have a rusty place on one rear fender, and on decal is missing. I mowed with it and it is one mowing machine. I live on a hill and I like my 212 better to mow with.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
What do you like about the 212 better than the 332.I had a 216, nice tractor but the DIESEL,power steering,and hydro tranny on my 332's plus great fuel mileage makes me bias to the little yanmars.
P.S. up in Canada, if you can find one, anywhere between $3500 and $5700 with mower and tiller/or blower.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its hard to say, the 212 does a good job on the hills, even better than my 214, same tractor I know, but they are different. If I had more flat ground there would be no question about the 332 it is a heck of a tractor. Thanks for the info, I have an idea what to sell it for when I get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
32,621 Posts
You should put it in the For Sale and Wanted to Buy sub-forum when you're ready. Never know if a fellow forum member is just looking for what you have!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha ha, already had a dollar offer then he doubled it, so I know its worth 2 dollars. I'm going up to the Pontiac steam engine show this weekend to see whats there, when I get back I will I will post it on the sale forum. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts