My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
16,243 Posts
TUDOR--I always look at your pictures close--and I see 'old school' thinking again--jacking up the front of the lip with a fulcrum and lever--for leverage..:thThumbsU

Love it!(been even better if you had another set of hands-)-so you wouldn't have to get on/off tractor so much...

glenn

·
21,375 Posts
That's an impressive move of the shed. :fing32:
Thanks!

If you look closely at some of the pics, you'll see that it was designed to be moved as necessary. There are 2x8 planks around the perimeter on the bottom of the deck to accommodate pipe rollers. The corner posts are boxed with a joist on either side and a 2x8 underneath with the deck boards tying the joists together on top to make a box beam at the deck ends.

I took pics, but can't find them.

·
21,375 Posts
TUDOR--I always look at your pictures close--and I see 'old school' thinking again--jacking up the front of the lip with a fulcrum and lever--for leverage..:thThumbsU

Love it!(been even better if you had another set of hands-)-so you wouldn't have to get on/off tractor so much...

glenn
When you went to school a long time ago, you do tend to use the lessons learned in that 'old school'. They don't require electronics, or even hydraulics. Using the hydraulics is just a treat! :fing32:

Mechanical physics is as close to bullet proof as you can get. The ancients built the pyramids, the Parthenon, and the Roman Coliseum with the same basic methods.

At 69, I have nowhere near the strength that I had at 59, but I put a 155 lb loaded tire into the back of my G30 van (the floor is about 28" above the ground) by myself this afternoon using inclined planes and leverage. I expended more energy and time collecting the materials than doing the actual job.

Tudor,
I have a Massey 8 in the works right now. Good to see another out there.
Regards,
Chris
While I do want to get that little MF8 back into working condition, it's dead last in the line up for shop time. There are 6 tractors ahead of it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You are resourceful Tudor. It is great having guys like you around this forum for newbies like me to learn from.

Man I have two oaks I gotta cut up. One I dropped myself and one fell on its own. I've started both but haven't been able to finish them. It's been rainy and cold the last couple days. Well, cold cuz of the rain...if it was dry it would be great weather to get out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought my Massey to till gardens . Between tilling in the spring grass seeding in the spring an fall and plowing in the fall I managed to do 99 jobs in 2015. I like to keep the old girl busy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a JD 1023 with FEL. In April had a tornado come through and it topped or uprooted over 24 trees. Most of the trees are cut into 18" firewood size and I am using the FEL to move the logs to the splitter or moving them from the front yard to a side area for seasoning. The tornado also blew all the mulch from around shrubs and also curt underneath. I had 10 yds of topsoil delivered this morning. Took two hours with FEL to put the dirt up around the shrubs.

·
Grumpy old Curmudgeon
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I bought my Massey to till gardens . Between tilling in the spring grass seeding in the spring an fall and plowing in the fall I managed to do 99 jobs in 2015. I like to keep the old girl busy.
Nice looking rig Bruce. I would really like to get a tiller but, unfortunately it is way down the list of priorities.:thanku:

·
Not yet Retired
44 Posts

I've used it for unloading logs.

This one was really too big for my 1025r. The front tires were flat moving it. That big heavy Massey box out back works well for ballast though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We've been clearing out our new property that had been let go for years. Below are the before and after pics. We've taken over 5000 lbs of yard waste to the dump using my scut to drag and load my truck and trailer. We had another 10k lbs taken out by my friend who fought his bobcat over to do the heavy work that was too much for my tractor.

I dug two ditches for electrical wires with my FEL.

I spent 19 hours over 3 days grinding stumps - used my tractor to help move the ground up stumps.

My wife and kids have been loving having this new tractor. I feel like a little kid who doesn't want to share his new toy sometimes ?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
My normal things are:
  • mowing
  • tilling
  • lifting
  • snow removal
  • barn clean out
  • leaf collection
  • home maintenance
  • mobile light platform
I took it to PA to tag team digging a 40 yd pistol range with a borrowed JD1025 over the summer, tilled 2 gardens for friends the first summer, and have dug 4 people out of their driveways the last 2 winters. I have more planned with an SSQA conversion this week, and a larger light material bucket on order to replace the wooden one I made.

Attachments

·
Professional Homeowner
6,948 Posts
Love the leaf bucket!

I have the little brother to your tractor, the GC2300.

My loader was a welding table this past weekend, as well as lots of other tasks machine.
It pulled a 3000 lb lawn roller that was the spitting image of Fred Flintsone's front tire.
Pushed around a big ol' brush pile to a better area for burning.
Filled in a hole where a stump was ground.
Moved a couple yards of black dirt up and over a chain link fence to fill in some low spots in a dog run.
Filled in some ruts from a cement mixer on the turf at the local RC flying field.
Loosened up a couple posts before hand pulling them out of the ground.
Moved my car hauler trailer into and around a real tight area I couldn't get to with my truck for repairs.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Love the leaf bucket!

I have the little brother to your tractor, the GC2300.

My loader was a welding table this past weekend, as well as lots of other tasks machine.
It pulled a 3000 lb lawn roller that was the spitting image of Fred Flintsone's front tire.
Pushed around a big ol' brush pile to a better area for burning.
Filled in a hole where a stump was ground.
Moved a couple yards of black dirt up and over a chain link fence to fill in some low spots in a dog run.
Filled in some ruts from a cement mixer on the turf at the local RC flying field.
Loosened up a couple posts before hand pulling them out of the ground.
Moved my car hauler trailer into and around a real tight area I couldn't get to with my truck for repairs.
Thanks! I got tired of taking 10-12 trips to clean out the goat pen in the barn. Seemed like 4 fork loads and the bucket was full. Spend more time driving to the compost pile and back than shoveling. That expander drops it down to 4 trips max, and usually only 3. The new custom bucket will be similar dimensions and should hold up better being steel. I can't complain about the wood though. Only cost I have in it is screws. All the wood came from shipping crates from the hospital, and a ratchet strap I had laying around.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Yesterday, I finally sold an old basketball goal, which included a sand-filled base. IIRC, I filled that base with about 350 lbs of play sand. When I posted the ad, I informed prospective buyers that they needed to bring a truck and I would load the base into it. Well, this particular buyer only had a Ford Expedition, so that was gonna require a little precision.

I've not done much rigging with my loader, so I took it slow. I have a pirhana tooth bar and bolt-on hooks, which I used for securing that base inside the bucket with a nylon strap. I wrapped the strap around the corners of the base then looped it around the hooks. There was enough of the base inside the bucket, so it didn't really want to tip out. I lifted slowly, of course, and my poor front tires showed their dismay. Even with my box blade on the rear, those tires were struggling. I inched closely to the rear of the buyer's vehicle and I probably had about 2 inches or less of clearance on each side. The buyer guided me in pretty well, and I didn't scrape anything. I went inside as far as possible and started tipping the bucket forward, as he pulled on the base to get it off the bucket. The challenging part was getting it over the tooth bar, which has a set of "fingers" on the top side of the bucket blade. But, once there was enough of the base resting on the inside of the cargo area, a good final tip of the bucket as I backed up, got it off.

I kinda felt sorry for them, because they were gonna have a hard time getting that out. I suggested using a few 2X's as a ramp to slide it down. Hope they got some help!

·
Administrator
13,541 Posts
Sounds like some precision work on your part. Now he wishes he had a loader. Two guys would have a tough time removing it without damaging the vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just moved this last year. Prepared the new place for house, cleaned up house site after house was finished. A lot of drive-way work involving a lot of rock and chat moving and grading. Use draw-bar on 3pt to move trailers around. Have hauled everything in the FEL.
Mowed a lot!!!

2006 Kubota BX1500

·
Cub 1046 owner
79 Posts
Less than a week in, so far I have graded the drive way, hauled some rocks to fill a low spot, moved several large tree branches from the yard and cleaned out part of the barn.

Last night we got a real gully washer, and now the drive needs some further attention.

One of the plans over this long weekend is to move my ladder stand to a better location.

How did I ever get along without a FEL?

·
10,219 Posts
Due to a stick wiping out the drive belt on the ztr, the Iseki built Bolens got the retro-fitted Snapper ztr 60” deck hooked up and took over mowing duties.

9E2B8D41-D6A8-40A9-BB2A-80430C1C8B25.jpeg

61 - 80 of 80 Posts