My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All--

I'm new to the forum and "needed" a small tractor to handle our new half acre lot. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :cool:

I bought a MTD "kit" consisting of two tractors, a tiller and mowing deck. One of the tractors works, the other has a blown transaxle (there's a hole in it) but has neat features like electric lift and the panels look to be in better shape.

I've done some searches in the forum for pics and it seem to look like MTD 848 but under the seat the model / serial number markings have worn off.

I'm looking for the manual... but the silly MTD manual site want's a model number... which I lack. :duh:

Ideas?

Thanks,
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
For the manual lookup you only need the first few digits of the model number (i.e. searching for "1" brings up everything that has a model starting with "1"). You don't need a serial number either -- just use a zero.

If all else fails you can go to the parts lookup and fish for model numbers of mowers comparable to yours. Go to www.buymtdonline.com, select "Find your Part" in the left side menu, "Launch Illustrated Parts Lookup Tool", and then select the "Product Line" tab.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK... plowed throught the MTD manual website http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/public/list.jsp?BrandCode=10151 and used all the model number for 14x8 (where x = 0 to 9). I determined the model with my "Style 8" sheet metal and a single pedal started with the 1990 model year. There are manuals for it through 1992 and anyother formum member lists his as a 1994 so it looks to have had a 5ish year run.

I hope this saves some one else some time.

Thanks,
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts