My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Crazy about Green and Red
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to TractorForum.com one minute it was here the next gone.
What happened to Andy?

I emailed Bigdog and he told me about this place.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Welcome Tau44... As it was stated in an earlier post...TF went poof and was gone... Andy has never got back to any of our emails so I can't say what has happend to him... Anyways MTF is alot more user friendly and you won't find any better bunch of guys any where...... Again we are glad you found our new home.. And A big thanks to Bigdog for steering you here...

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am glad that this place is up and running. It looks great. I went to Domainregistry.com and typed in www.tractorforum.com it is still listed under Andy until July 2005. Has anyone tried to call him. I have his number he gave me a while back when I was talking to him about buying a 8N tractor.

Tau

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who is putting together this site? I guess my question is how are we funding this site. I didn't know if I needed to send a donation to help with the site or not. I know on Andy's site a bunch of people chipped in $10.00 or so.

Tau

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe on Andy's we donated $20.00 I don't remember. Do we need to help with this site.

Tau

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
A bunch of the former members got together to form this site, by what I have read about the old forum, and it's sudden exit, you may not get your emails answered from Andy, best to just wait and see. There is a post on another board called tonplus.com that may give you some insight as to what happened. Welcome to the new board and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
32,051 Posts
Tau44 said:
Who is putting together this site? I guess my question is how are we funding this site. I didn't know if I needed to send a donation to help with the site or not. I know on Andy's site a bunch of people chipped in $10.00 or so.

Tau
Thanks for asking Tau44, and welcome back.

As for donations, we are kinda holding on that right now. we are only in our second week here, and we are still working out all the detals.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,425 Posts
Welcome Tau44! Glad you found us. As to the other forum, we really have no other info except to say it went "poof". And several of us decided we enjoyed it so much, we created this place. And as mentioned above, this is only week 2, so settle in and enjoy the adventure.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
:ditto: BJ, and an adventure it shall be as we grow and have a great time w/ great friends....

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I am glad that you all got this up and running and I am glad that I found you guys. Thanks to Bigdog. The site looks great

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Freebird,

On tonplus.com where is the link that might give insight as to what happened.

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Freebird,

On tonplus.com where is the link that might give insight as to what happened.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome: Tau44 I'm glad Bigdog showed you the way. When the TF site went down i email and called and email and called and so did Chief. Andy would never call back or email back. Chief got him one time and he said his friend was supposed to change all the info to another server but hadn't done it. Bigallis got him on yahoo I'M and he told him that his friend was holding it all hostage. So thats all we know as of the moment. So Paul set up a group on yahoo for all us Mods to talk about things and we all decided to start our own and find as many of the old members as we could. Because we hated to let all the good member down because we had the best people you could ever want. Everyone seem like family so we started mytractorforum because we don't think TF is coming back. As for as a donation we are holding off on that for now but thanks for asking :fing02: So if you know of any old members that don't know we came back as a new forum yet let them know if you can.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Welcome back to the fold Tau44! Good to see you here, and looking forward to your posts! Thank you for your offer of a donation, I expect once things are sorted out that oportunity will arrise. :fing32:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, when you all need a donation to help keep the site up and running let me know. I will be happy to make a donation. I sure missed tractorforum.com. I was having withdrawals. I am so glad to see this new site. It looks great. I missed everybody and I missed reading and learning from everyone. I look forward to helping grow this site. :smilie_fl

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Go to the Introductions Forum

and tell us a little about yourself, what kind of tractors you like, etc. :fing32:

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Interesting Thread

Having been mainly over at GW for the past couple years, I remember when Andy formed the new forum although I never visited there much, now I understand more clearly what occured and what this forum is about and who formed it, thanks for filling in the question blanks :). It appears this forum is going great for only being on a couple weeks, and I really hope it takes well, its nice to come somewhere new and see alot of people I know from the other forums I visit too. Theres just so much items to look at I don't know whether I can navigate it all and keep up. You all have done a great job :).

Take care,
Jim

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Well were glad to see you to Jim :fing02: And as far as navigating this forum just do as i and many others use the active topics button or the new post buttons.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts