My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
2,398 Posts
Philip, we understand about the JD Manuals, but the manuals we are discussing are the Bolens manuals that had been provided by the original founder of the MTF website SimpleJohn. You will find them in this Folder in the Reference Library: Bolens Tractor Manuals also, one of your other VS staff, Geritt, may be working on this, you may want to coordinate your activities.
Can you give me links to exact posts where they are broken?

I was able to view them after spot-checking here:

Jeff M

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Jeff M...Like we said before, the links that Simple John put up way back when are not working. I fixed a few using the WayBack thing, but there are 100s of them. Not Just Bolens either. It seems that any manuals that Simple John put up, the links are not working

I still can’t view anything from Simplejohn.
Ian, if you want to PM me specific manuals you want to see, I will try and find them.

·
Super Moderator
26,701 Posts

Jeff M
Looks like the only ones from Simple John working are linked to the Wayback Machine and were added by the mod staff. This really isn't a good solution even if it works, these manuals are part of MTF and shouldn't require using the WayBack machine to view.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks like the only ones from Simple John working are linked to the Wayback Machine and were added by the mod staff. This really isn't a good solution even if it works, these manuals are part of MTF and shouldn't require using the WayBack machine to view.
I concur!

·
Administrator
2,398 Posts

Jeff M
Understood,

I need examples of broken links to be able to share with the developers see if we can resolve them.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
OK...Here are the Bolens files posted by Simple John that do not work.....The links in these posts are a start. There are many more besides the Bolens ones.

I sort of fixed a few by using the Wayback Machine. Here is an example after I fixed it. I could not rename the link other than saying Wayback Machine

Have a nice weekend.

·
Super Moderator
26,701 Posts
OK...Here are the Bolens files posted by Simple John that do not work.....The links in these posts are a start. There are many more besides the Bolens ones.
Harry,

I would have fired a tech that couldn't have found the links after I pointed them to the specific location and gave them the username, you shouldn't have needed to do that. Not impressed with support on this issue!

·
Administrator
2,398 Posts
Thanks for the list, the techs will be able to reference these as we roll out fixes to see if our sitewide resolutions affect these threads. From there, we can keep working on rolling out fixes until all are addressed appropriately. Due to the nature of these files, it may take a bit of digging to find the root issue. Thanks for your patience as we get to the resolution :)

-Gerrit

21 - 33 of 33 Posts