My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a little project going on, and used the load lifter for the 318. Also bought 6 pretty new suitcase weights.

Have to show them off a bit.

The front bumper is supposed to hold 6 weights, but my new ones seem a little fatter than others, so it only held 5. Unfortunately, it makes the front of the tractor look like a (insert your favorite state to bash) girl's smile.

There are only 20 4x8x16 blocks on the first load and the 3PH jacked them up like they weren't there (at 1200 RPM). A mere 17 and the bug killer on the second load. Wonder if I could have gotten them all in one load?

And yes, the Ag lugs did finally mark up the lawn just a bit with that small load.

I think with only 5 suitcase weights on the front, I should get some wheel weights.

The 318 didn't seem to notice the additional load, and the brakes were holding very well as I backed the load up an incline.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
That's pretty impressive; how much weight do you figure that was on the pallet?

I was surprised when I first mounted my tiller and lifted it. The book says the tiller weighs in at 300lb. It will lift and the front wheels will stay put even with no extra weight up front. I can stand on the tiller and the front wheels still stay on the ground, but you can see thay don't have much to go before they come off the ground, and I weigh 195.

I don't have that many weights to put up front, but the three I have seem to be plenty when I'm using the tiller.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:thThumbsU as much as you use that 318 it ought to be just about wore out:ROF slkpk

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At 35 lbs each times 20 blocks, the first pallet weighed 700 lbs. I guess I better not do that again. Anyway, now I feel good about making or buying a boom pole.

I like my toys, slkpk, what can I say. I might wear it out one of these days but it will be a while.

I did manage to squeeze in 8 hours of seat time this weekend between mowing 3 lots, turning the mulch pile, and doing a little landscaping. Based on the estimated 1400 hours life the Onan should have left in her that's 199 weekends.

Tell you what, when my youngest graduates from college in 2025, I'll come make you an offer on your 2305.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
At 35 lbs each times 20 blocks, the first pallet weighed 700 lbs. I guess I better not do that again. Anyway, now I feel good about making or buying a boom pole.

I like my toys, slkpk, what can I say. I might wear it out one of these days but it will be a while.

I did manage to squeeze in 8 hours of seat time this weekend between mowing 3 lots, turning the mulch pile, and doing a little landscaping. Based on the estimated 1400 hours life the Onan should have left in her that's 199 weekends.

Tell you what, when my youngest graduates from college in 2025, I'll come make you an offer on your 2305.
:thThumbsU These are fun toys/tools and an enjoy to many of us here. I should still have the 2305 in 2025 as I don't see my self getting rid of it. By then it will just be getting broke in real good. slkpk

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
when my youngest graduates from college in 2025.....
I'm glad that's you, and not me. My youngest should be out of college by.......DANG, 2020. Until I read this post and then counted on my fingers, I didn't realize it would be that close for me. I'll only be 70 that year. All her classmates will think, "Oh, how sweet. Her Grampa came to the graduation."

I'll probably still be riding the 748, but it will have a "handicap" tag on back.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
D-Dogg

Great pics! I would say that machine is earning it's keep for sure. That has to be satisfying to see it work so well for you. :fing32:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts