My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I guess I'm gonna have to wait until spring to get the Cub out of the barn and then get the deck number and the numbers off the blades. That's the only way I can be sure of getting the right Gator blades. Thanks all for the help and suggestions.
Duane
I suggest the G-5 Gator Blades vs the G-3. I have used on my Cub GT2000 for 4 years. The G-5 blades have the high lift and work fine when I bag and have a great throw. They last 3 times as long as Cub OEM blades and cost about 1/2 as much. The Oregon website has a place to enter your current equipment or oem part number for a Oregon Blade number. Also ok for mulching if grass is not very high.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 42 inch (2 blade) Stamped Deck. I believe the G-6 Gators are wider and thicker than the G-5 blades. It is not unusual for different decks and widths of decks to react differently to the type of blades used, in particular, multi-use blades. I believe the stamped decks are more forgiving of a multi-use blade than the fabricated deck and possibly the more blades, the potential for more problems in mulching. Again, for my multi-use situation, the G-5s have worked ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts